Sign in to follow this  
Chris Boyce

Ils

Hello;Anyone who has flown in western Canada and is familiar with Vancouver airport knows that the default ILS provided by MS for 26L is incorrect. There is a fix that replaces the 109.5 with 110.7 by replacing the canwils.bgl file in the scenerydb. However, this fix also removes the ILS from 26r- 26R and 08L have the same ILSand glideslope, but this fix removes it. Similarily, the new ,excelent scenery by Nigel Grant suffers the same fate- how is it possible to correct this- or are my numbers wrong? Does 26R have a different ILS? Cheers!

Thanks- where is it available- I did a search of here and the other site and came up empty. Cheers!

Hi Michael,At CYVR the ILS for Rwy26R is 110.55 and 110.7 for Rwy26L. Its 110.55 for Rwy08L , 109.5 for Rwy08R and 111.1 for Rwy12 Hope this helps. One day I will get around to fixing it myself as well.Chris

I5 13600KF 5.1GHz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 12G| | MSI Z690 Tomahawk DDR4 WiFi MB | M.2 NVMe SSD"s 2X1TB/2X2TB / HDD's 3X4TB and 1X8TB | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 64 Pro 

MichaelI am working on this, there has always been confusion around the ILS's at CYVR.Firstly, I have an exclude polygon (for nav facilities and objects)in my scenery, quite tight around the airport. However, investigating peoples' complaints, I found that 8L ILS was going to the MS runway beneath, and that in fact an exclude polygon for the ILS has to go beyond the ILS range. So I have created an extra large exclude to do this for all the ILS's and I think it has resolved the localiser/glide slope problems for 8L/26R. But the exclude eliminated the YVR VOR so I have now added that back in and that is working properly (I think). The next issue to resolve is the proper frequency for 26L, the Canada Air Pilot shows 109.5 (same as 8R) whereas MS seem to have used 110.7 in the past. I have a call in to the CYVR engineering staff to clarify this and am expecting it to be 109.5, in which case I hope I have the same success using my second large exclude polygon. These will be the subject of an eventual patch but I have some other issues, for example the TopDown view does not show the runways and aprons until at a high altitude and at the moment I don't know how to resolve this.Nigel

Hi Nigel, You must have an old copy of the CAP. I have the latest edition and the ILS for 26L is 110.7. I also have some ATC friends at CYVR and can double check with them for you.Chris

I5 13600KF 5.1GHz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 12G| | MSI Z690 Tomahawk DDR4 WiFi MB | M.2 NVMe SSD"s 2X1TB/2X2TB / HDD's 3X4TB and 1X8TB | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 64 Pro 

Guest CYOW_pilot

Yup, my pubs (current) show the CYVR ILS 26L freq as 110.7.Kevin in CYOW

Hi again Nigel, I confirmed the 26L ILS as 110.7 with a CYVR ATC and a Commercial Pilot I Know. It was changed to this 4 or 5 months ago as ongoing upgrades to CYVRs ILS systems.Chris

Thx for all these great replies, after them I am not sure whether I want to land at CYVR again!I am still waiting to confirm things with the the CYVR engineering staff but the fellow is on holiday, back Monday. I have had a couple of e-mails confirming the 110.7 but my white knuckles are based on 110.7 being used a few years ago (FS98?) and one of the e-mails noted it was in an older technical bulletin. My CAP is January2001 and shows 109.5 as did FS2k and FS2k2? And now 5 months ago we revert to 110.7!Also there appear to be two NDB's at CYVR which are not in MS data base - Victor at 368 and Vancouver at 266 - I also want to confirm these with staff before adding themNigel

Hi Nigel, I am staring at the March 2003 CAP and the ILS for 26L definately is 110.7. Have confirmed this with CYVR ATC and a commerial pilot. The Vancouver NDB is 266VR 4.3 DME ch44(N49.10.22/W123.03.26) and 368 is now called SEA Island 368ZVR(N49.11.29/W123.13.11) Chris