Sign in to follow this  
Speedbyrd

"Airport IFR.... request denied..." for clearance

Sometimes I get his message from ATC when asking for clearance for takeoff or landing. Is there any way to get around this? Otherwise, I just go and do my own thing and hope I don't hit anyone!

Guest tatest

Most of my simulator time, mentally, is in the 1920s and 1930s. If ATC doesn't think the weather is good enough, I turn off the radio and go.If you try out some of the Century of Flight "adventures" you will find yourself expected to operate in conditions below today's VFR minimums, poking around in a Tri-Motor near the ground, underneath thunderstorms.ATC would not have let Lindbergh take off on that day, LOL.

Guest Gander

I like the spirit! If while aviating you happen to hear controlers getting a trifle snippy with other nearby traffic (usually a MAAM DC-3) you can bet there's another pilot in the air who's busy fixing himself a sandwich -- or maybe just busy gazing out the window at all the pretty stuff to look at 2000 feet below."Radio failure" is my usual explanation if there's any hassle upon arrival. :) Long live the old iron (and the Sky Pirates inside it.)

Guest magnum_force

>Sometimes I get his message from ATC when asking for>clearance for takeoff or landing. Is there any way to get>around this? Otherwise, I just go and do my own thing and>hope I don't hit anyone! My flight simulator locks me out of ATC if I take off without clearance.I just hope I dont hit something also.It is kinda cheesy to be locked out of ATC on a 600 mile flight.I am not a real world pilot but I am sure that ATC does not lock out your radio for taking off without proper clearance.Maybe a fine from FAA?So, I either just take off or get clearance.

Guest DanWalloch

>Sometimes I get his message from ATC when asking for>clearance for takeoff or landing. Is there any way to get>around this? Otherwise, I just go and do my own thing and>hope I don't hit anyone! 1) Taxi back to the hanger2) Call FSS and file an IFR flight plan3) Its FS, just fly. The best thing about FS is there is no FAA!

>3) Its FS, just fly. The best thing about FS is there is no>FAA!LOL that's great stuff!

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI