Sign in to follow this  
catmar

KBFI Boeing Field Washington State Information Please

I did a few searches on Google and on these forums hoping to find someinformation regarding Boeing Field but did not find anything that Icould use.Some background, First I am trying to learn a little about AFCAD 2from Lee Swordy which is a great utility. I thought I'd start with anairfield that has not had very much done by designers and one at whichI use quite often in my Simming, I love the Washington State area!I learned from a little research that Kenmore Air Express use KBFI tofly to Lopez Isl (S31), Orcas Isl (KORS), San Juan Island (KFHR),Oak harbor (American Spelling) (76S), Port Angeles (KNOW) and Vancouver(CYVR). So with that in mind I set about to find theKenmore Air Express AI Model which I found on Avsim and installed it.I also found that the following Cargo airlines use Boeing field, DHL (ABX I think, UPS, Ameriflight (still to find a texture for them),and BAX Global? who ever they are. The AI activity on the field is notvery high so doing this will give it a little more life.I looked at the airport using Google Earth and found it needed a littletweaking, which I did. I added many more Parking spots and you can seethe result in the link to the image, assuming it works.kbfiafcad.jpgOkay, now the nitty gritty, I have no idea where the following companiesare located on the field and would appreciate it if someone who liveslocally can point out where their offices and or parking areas are,especially the Cargo/Freight areas.Here are the companies concerned:Kenmore Air ExpressDHLUPSAmeriflightBAX GlobalGalvin FlyingAeroflight ExecutiveClay Lacy AviationOkay thats about it, hopefully I can find out a little more aboutthis great airport by you good people. Thank you in advance.

Thank Opa I knew about the Airnav site but the metrokc site is just whatI needed. No mention on any of those site of Kenmore Air Express, maybethey don't use kbfi anymore, anyone know?Anyway Opa thanks for the info it's extremely helpful, thanks

>No mention on any of those site of Kenmore Air Express,>maybe they don't use kbfi anymore, anyone know?Kenmore Air parks at the passenger terminal on the east side of the airport, just to the south of Galvin Flying.

Thanks Nick another piece of great info, almost ready to start mylittle project now, just got to get my head straight and sort outwhere to start.

Good luck with your project!>>I learned from a little research that Kenmore Air Express use>KBFI to>fly to Lopez Isl (S31), Orcas Isl (KORS), San Juan Island> (KFHR),>Oak harbor (American Spelling) (76S), Port Angeles (KNOW) and>Vancouver> (CYVR). FYI, Kenmore Express doesn't have scheduled service to CYVR or S31 (however you could always arrange a private charter). However they do have scheduled service to Campbell River B.C. (CYBL) and just started flying into Tofino (CYAZ).For more info go to www.kenmoreair.com and click on the express tab.Hope this helps.

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Guest magnum_force

Dude, BAX Global is out of business. If BAX is still doing business, please let me know so I can put them back into my Sim.KBFI has allot of cargo charters flying in parts (and out) for aircraft I presume.Air Now also does some ad-hoc charter flights out of BFI.Also, its neat to have AIRPAC, I did a fleet of their planes just for BFI.There should be allot of Ameriflight lears around, I have bunches.Strange, I have not done Kenmore Air Freight.I didnt know they operated to BFI.I also take real AI and make them static, place them at KBFI to make it look real.I like that airport.

BAX Global flights were operated by Air Transport International. ATI is still very much in business. They still operate at BFI as ATI.Michael VerlinHistoric Jetliners Group

Thanks Joe this is great information and I shall alter my flight plans to show the change. Shall also look at Kenmores site for more up to date info.Regards

Hi Magnum,Okay about BAX apparently they are now operated by ATI and stilloperate out of BFI. I did not install any of BAX's aircraft sono problem in using ATI in my flight plans for BFI.The info is AIRPAC is great thanks for that.I have loads of Ameriflights so thats not an issue for me.It's Kenmore Air Express not Kenmore Air Freight.Did you upload your fleet of Airpac Ai's to Avsim?Thanks again for the info

Thanks for the information on Bax Global Michael, appreciate the input.Regards

Firstly I'd like to personally thank everyone that has helped me withmy little King County project. Secondly I would like to report that I'vefinished the project to my satisfaction and it all appears to work quitewell.Now I have to invest some time in researching in the scenery forum asI would now like to get both runways working at the same time. Ifanyone would like to try my afcad for KBFI out just PM me as I'vejust enabled it in my profile.I'm not sure if I should upload it to avsim as I'm not sure how I standlegally because I just modified the default Microsoft afcad to reflectbetter what goes on in King County KBFI.Thank you all very much for your help.

While I obviously can't speak for Microsoft, I do not believe there is anything you need to be concerned with.I would be willing to bet that at least 95% of the afcads you see available for download and/or are included in scenery packages, "started life" as one of the FS2004 default afcads. This is common practice.

Thanks David, I thought that would be the case, but pleased that youconfirmed an ongoing practice. In light of that I shall endeavour toput a small package together and upload it to Avsim, you never knowsomeone may be happy to give it a try.All the best