Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

Arrgghhh- can't remember the setting....

Hi,In FS9.cfg there is a specific view setting available that prevents you from keeping to press a view key.Currently for a left side view (for example) I need the 'left side view' key pressed as long as I want to see the left view.However there's also a specific setting possible, that requires me only to press once and it keeps the selected view.VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT=33,41(One of the numbers has to be changed, if I recall correctly)Anyone?

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

On my setup - which I think is default - it works this way:In 2d cockpit mode, if I have the Num Lock on, the 7 and 9 keys do require a continual press to keep that view open.However, if I take the Numb Lock Off, then it requires Shift and 7 or 9 to display the view.If I release the Shift, BEFORE releasing the 7 or 9, the view stays in place.The spacebar immediately restores the front view.This pattern seems to work with other views and I was only using the 7 and 9 as examples.Hope I explained it properly.Perhaps you system works the same way.

Using a joystick with a hat-switch you can hold the switch in the position for the view you want - then switch to V-cockpit and then back again. When you let go of the switch, the view stays set...Geoff

In my setup I have-Look Fwd Left assigned as Shift+Num7Look Fwd Right assigned as Shift+Num9Look Fwd assigned as Shift+Num8The Num Lock key is On all the time.All you have to do is hit these Num keys to lock in that view. Shift key is NOT needed. Very handy when setting up triple mon siuations :)To look Left or Right use the hat switchAlex Reid

If you read thru this thread you will see several different approaches to setting up "views".Here is another little trick to experiment with for anyone who likes to fly using the 2D cockpit rather than VC.In your FS9.cfg file, under the [CONTROLS] label, add the following line:pan_in_cockpit_mode=1This will allow you to have pseudo-pan capability with your hat switch in 2D cockpit mode.It can be a little disconcerting at first as the panel will also pan but the aircraft does not change direction.Hitting the W key once will remove the Panel (twice also removes the basic gauges) thus giving you a clear view.I find it useful for low and slow flying to closely view the scenery and when on the ground, to take a quick look around my aircraft to see what is nearby.The space bar restores to forward view immediately.This is not a "view" per se, but just another way to look around when in 2D cockpit mode.

To answer your question, I'm not sure, but try changing 41 to 9.scott s..

Scott's suggestion is correct, the second setting at 9 works using the keypad. I leave my view forward and view rear at x,41 but all others at x,9 for a lock. My joystick is a CHPro Flightstick and it overrides the sticky setting set by the keypad previously. I like that because if I want the view to stick, I have to "want" it to stick and actually reach for the keypad. This way, in the heat of a landing, it won't cause undue stress by sticking. I use the lock on the base leg during approach only. Other joytsticks may map to the keypad buttons and therefore also lock, I don't know. Dolph

>To answer your question, I'm not sure, but try changing 41 to>9.>>scott s.>.>Gosh, I guess we all forgot the original question.Thanks Scott - changing to a 9 worked for me.In all the documentation I have read through in the past several years I had never seen that - could have just missed it of course - so thanks again.

Opa,Do you plan on ever doing a "Tips and Tricks" update? That is a fer sure add if you do. BTW, thanks for all those TnTs. I have them on my reference DVD for posterity, they're that great!Dolph

Thanks for the kind words Dolph....As a matter of fact I have been "toying" with the idea of a T and T "addenda" issue - no firm decision yet.There have been quite a number of interesting "tweaks" etc. which have crossed my desk since the "final" issue as well as some significant scenery and aircraft releases etc. which may be of interest.I am also considering a T and T type document which would be a basic checklist of things to consider (and possibly implement) when faced with the need (or desire) to do a complete re-installation of FS2004. This seems to be a problematic situation for many simmers and perhaps a listing of things they may have never considered might be useful.Time is always a factor too and right now I have more than I can say grace over. Perhaps in the Fall, if at all.Thanks again.

Good deal. I have an Excel spreadsheet that has a list of what I installed, what worked, what didn't work, etc. even dates of install so next time I reinstall I can consider those things before I do them. Right now my list is very short compared to what it used to be. I have only the tweaks that deliver performance and satisfaction. No eye candy to speak of because I have had nothing but degraded performance woes from most of them.Reinstalled FS9Patched to FS9.1gauges folder from backup (hundreds of gauge files)FSUIPCActive SkyFSG LandclassFSG MeshEdit VoicepackAll AI and Aircraft updatesTraffic filesAI SoundsHalo fixAircraft light fixaeu7 and aeu8.zip Airport SceneryGE2006Renamed default autogen fileNewroads2Night lightingWater TexturesMoved all unused aircraft to "Hangar" folder except default which are used for Microsoft's AI traffic.bglThat's all folks... Getting a solid 30FPS now and that's where I wan't to stay.Dolph

Hi Scott,Thanks a milliion!

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11