Sign in to follow this  
sluggy

Eaglesoft SR-22 with RXP gauges?

Hi everyoneJust bought the SR-22, as I already have the RXP GNS430 (not 430W) and the FLN gauges (with the STEC 55X autopilot and associated Garmin avionics) is there any point to refitting this plane with the RXP gauges? Is there any functional difference between the Eaglesoft and RXP GNS430? And last but not least, if I refit GPS1 as the RXP unit, does the GPS2 (Eaglesoft GNS430) still work as normal?Thanks in advance!

IMO, the RXP units are highly desirable. There are big differences between the GPS units. If realism, and close to 100% functionality is what you are looking for, then yes, I would swap them. My FS9 Cirrus was outfitted with two RXP units. Just a note though; any plan imported from the RXP unit and into FS, then loaded as an FS Flight Plan, will not show-up on the Avidyne MFD flight plan page.The GPS 2 unit will work fine, as long as a plan is loaded. IMO, get the Pro package and link two RXP units.Works much more realistic.My FS9 is removed from my computer, but I still have my old FS9 aircraft files zipped-up. If you are interested in my old modified panel.cfg's, just let me know.

Thanks bkeskeI had thought of getting the pro pack (I only have the GNS430, although a few add-ons have the GNS530), unfortunately with the realease of RXP's new GNSx30Ws it seems that the older units are no longer for sale, including the pro pack. I also have the FLN gauges, and apparently getting the new GNS to operate of some these gauges in FS9 is a bit of a hassle.Guess it's a quick trip to my FSPS then!Cheers, SLuggy

Contact Jean-Luc, I believe he will still sell you the Pro pack.

The RXP Garmin units are 99% fully functional. I have dual 430's in my real C172R and I was able to do everything I do IRL. For instance just little things like holding down the comms switch button will auto switch to 121.5 (emergency broadcast), and holding down the CLR key places you back in the default mode from any screen. Of course, ALL of the real 430/530 modes are replicated in detail. This is because it uses the real Garmin 400/500 series trainer as its base.The Eaglesoft Garmins are highly stripped down and are missing quite a few major modes, including the basic functionalities I mentioned above.BUT, the RXP version is buggy right now on my system, it has Flight1 activation issues, and a few people, including me, cannot use it for more than a few minutes at a time before it crashes FSX! So right now I can't say that I am a happy camper or give it my thumbs up until they fix it. I have confidence that they will, but I've spent far more time troubleshooting it, reinstalling it, rebooting my computer (everything it crashes in FSX, it will no longer load in FSX until a reboot).At this point, I'll give it a chance until just before I can get my $$ back from Flight1 and if it is not fixed by then I will get a refund since I purchased BOTH the 430 and 530. :-(HTH,Mike T.

Odd that some are experiencing issues with the FSX versions Mike, I've seen your posts on the RXP forum, and it must be frustrating....mine are running flawlessly.I'm sure Jean-Luc will things sorted out, but you always have the option on getting a refund until some of these issues are fixed.I've been flying for the last 9 months+ without RXP GPS units in FSX, and thought I had not missed them much. Then we get them for FSX, and they are all I want to use. I forgot how much I missed them. The units are simply 'heads and shoulders' above what anyone else offers, and for me, realistic gauges, radios, and GPS systems are very very important.

Yep, that's the size of my frustration! I have been looking for a detailed sim of the Garmin units and now I have my Flight1 172R set up just like real life (well almost, it doesn't support installing dual 430's) and it keeps crashing! I'm tempted to get a refund but from what I've seen of the units they are to die for. I posted at the forum asking what the RXP team thinks, if the problem has been identified and confidence is high that they can fix it OR to go ahead and ask Flight1 for a refund and be done with it. I really want to rip out the Eaglesoft units in my Cirrus too and replace them with these fully working units. Right now I'm pretty bummed. :-(Regards,Mike T.

Brians description is fairly accurate in that Eaglesoft uses the default FS DB as opposed to any third party reliance upon Garmin Trainer DBs. Eaglesoft Avidynes/Stec 55X are fully capable of displaying and flying any flightplan which is in .PLN format. .PLN format happens to be what Flight Simulator uses to cooperate well with FS ATC and other FS functions for accuracy within the sim environment.This is the reason that an exported plan in .PLN format works well with Eaglesoft products in most cases. As in previous integrations of this third party GNS into our products there may be other discrepencies which creep in with regard to Approaches, etc. which are the result of incomplete or inaccurate data in the exported .PLN format.The Prop Lever should be placed full forward in the SR22 simply because the sim does not support FADEC in any fashion. We emulate FADEC with custom code but more work needs to be done to tie the two functions together in one lever. Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png