Sign in to follow this  
onurksn

FS online weather problem

Hello fellow simmers,I have had FS9 since 3 years now and I absolutely love it. I find the weather engine to be reasonably well, it simulates turbulence, winds, gusts, storms, etc... pretty good, not perfect but good. Much better than the ATC. Anyway, like many of us I use online weather which is accurate in terms of winds, visibility, pressure and the rest, no problem with that. However, in some parts of the world which I will specify later, as I start my flight, 9 times out of 10 I initially get the 2992inHg, calm wind, 15C weather. I do my preflight and in 15 minutes (since the download is done in 15 minute intervals) I get the correct weather.This also happens during the approach phase, same airports, I recieve the approach clearence, with this default weather, and bang!! 5 miles to the threshold the correct weather comes in.:-mad Here are the "affected" locations: Istanbul or any Turkish city, Austria, Norway, France, Greece, African countries.There are others but I don't recall. It never happened in the US, UK, Germany, Finland, Canada, Ireland though.BTW, strangely as soon as I take off at 100 feet everything's fine.I fly mostly in the EU region and of course in my country so it's a real pest, especially on approach. I really love Innsbruck and Oslo in winter time but not at 15C with clear skies!!Can this be related to the country's weather station that provides the Jepp. server or is it something I'm doing wrong?Is there a way around this (except flying in guaranteed locations)?Thanks in advance

THe FS online weather is not good at all, and thats me being kind to the developers. I would suggest using Active sky 6.5 it's the best out there. Rob

Rob Prest

Hello I don't know about FSBuild,but i would imagine that the procedure might be similar to FSNav(which i use).This is how i do it..I select my flt.i then create a flightplan in FSNav.I then save that plan.(to use again)I then select the option to export that plan to FS9.(Thats the option you want to look for in FSBuild, i should imagine it has one)I then close the FSNav page.Then i open the FS9 planner and select the option to load a flightplan, i look for the plan i have just exported from FSNav select that and off i go.Now the FS9 GPS and FSNav map will show the same route.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

>Apologies >wrong topic.But if you ARE having flightplan problems thats>how i do it.>cheers Andy:-) LOL!! I just read the correct topic before checking mine, thanks anyway:-xxrotflmao

I would also recommend Active Sky 6.5. I use it every time I use FS9. Apparently their support is also top-class, but as I've never had any problems with it (fingers crossed), I wouldn't know ;-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

AS 6.5 is definitely the solution, no doubt, I just wanted to know if anyone else was experiencing the same thing.