Sign in to follow this  
Guest freefall

Scenery glitch

Guest freefall

I installed the free Glacier Bay scenery here at Avsim by Holger Sandmann,as well as Victoria Plus. There was some AI that I also installed that came with the scenery, as well as some airports. In the document Holger said these should all work fine with his scenery. Now I keep getting these lines around the shoreline. There are waves beating against the shoreline as well as against the lines. It seems something isn't quite coming through. I went into the scenery library and changed the priority of some of the files. Should landclass be at the top, mesh below that, and then scenery highest priority...or what? Or is it something else?

Guest freefall

It's ok. Thanks for all your help. I figured it out by myself. I guess I should have trashed FSX first, then I'd have got a response. But it's ok fellow brothers of flight, you helpful bunch of hooligans. Through experimentation and reading, I figured it out. Yes, yes. I know. Read and get the answer before posting, if the answer is already available. Just that, if someone new to the forum, would have been nice to get a response.

Welcome to the forum!Most of us have to work for a living and do not always get a chance to look at new posts every day so there may be some delay in getting a response once in a while. Glad you figured it out.Hope we can be of assistance in the future.

Hi Freefall,Glad you figured it out, and as Davis said you do need a bit of patience when waiting for help, and believe me I know of the frustration that cancause only too well. But our flight sim brothers are very helpful hereand if in future you need help, just ask and then I'm afraid wait alittle bit longer than one day for a reply.Regards and welcome--Catmarhttp://www.hypnostudios.com/images/mak__final.jpg

You need to learn some patience. Is 16 hours too long to wait? We do not sit in front of our PCs waiting to reply. We check these forums every now and again. Anyway, if I were you I wouldn't bother asking any more questions after you mindless rant against the rest of us. I for one wouldn't bother replying.

Seem like you need to learn a little patience and understanding as well as the original poster. With your attitude it doesn't appear that you would be of much help. Why not be forgiving? The poster was 'counseled' about allowing more time for a response. I'm sure he will apply it in the future.Jim D.

You may be happy to be called a "hooligan" by an impatient poster. I am not. Anyone who comes here and gratuitously insults all of us deserves more than "counselling"I note that there is always smeone willing to defend the indefensible.

And cowardice is displayed by failing to identify yourself. We all, including yourself (as seen in your posts,) have spoken thoughtlessly at times and regret it. So I'm willing to give some slack. But maybe not to you.Jim D.

Guest freefall

Sorry everyone,My response to my own query was meant to be humorous. I was quite self-satisfied (smugly) when I figured out the answers myself.I hadn't uninstalled Holgers Glacier 1, and for Victoria Plus, I had to move Vancouver east as far as scenery priority goes. Now everything is fine.I keep making the mistake of those who read the post not hearing my tone and obvious sarcasm (albeit light sarcasm). It was meant in good fun.Sorry mgh about the term hooligan. But I believe that if you were present with me you would've laughed. It was meant to be humorous. However, I do believe you may be just a little bit too sensitive? But I still am sorry if I offended you. Don't threaten not to respond to people over a slight offense. You only hurt yourself by taking that course of action.Thank you everyone else for your kind words, and patience. Believe me, the offense was unintentional and I'll do better next time...if there is a need.Your fellow-hooligan,FreefallEdit: Come to think of it? What is a hooligan? I hope it's nothing bad. Time to get out the Websters.

HelloAre you UK or AUZ or NZ perhaps?It may be a simple misunderstanding of humours.Ruddy hooligans(Dads Army)English Humour.Ancient old UK gits will know what i mean.Welcome freefall.I am sure no offence was intended.Cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

There is no, repeat no, requirement in these forums to use anything than one's user name. So how else should I have identified myself to avoid displaying cowardice?

Don't worry freefall- there seems to be a serious lack of sense of humour amongst many here.-Tim

-certified speed-junkie and jet-junkie.