Sign in to follow this  
Guest dylanfwhit

Reflective Textures - Instant Enhanser Problem

Guest dylanfwhit

Hello All, I recently tested my Celiosim "Instant Enhanser" and selected all of the options. I decided that I didn't care for their reflective textures. I must have somehow overwrote my back-up textures so when I hit "restore" they where still the Celiosim ones. I also rebooted my computer and it was the same. Does anyone know how to get my default reflective texture files back with out reinstalling FS (or is this possible)? Thanks,Dylan

Assuming you can determine which texture files that program apparently replaced, they can be restored from the install disks.Check out this marvelous resource:http://www.cat-tamer.com/flightsim/faq001.htmlIt shows where everything is on your install disks and how extract just what you need.I also recommend fs9cddir.zip Compiled by Brian Collins (available here in the library)This is an Excel format listing of all the files on your install disks. A great resource to keep handy.

Guest dylanfwhit

Perfect! Many thanks Opa. Does anyone know exactly what textures or effects Celiosim replaces for reflections? Dylan

Not familiar with the product you are talking about, but the file that deals with reflections is envmap.bmp and it is found in the main FS9 texture folder. Might want to return that file to default first.

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

I forgot to add that to help determine which textures you are looking for, you "may" be able to run the program's installer again and direct it to a temporary folder.If so, you can then review the results and see exactly where everything was placed and what the file names are.Good luck.

Guest dylanfwhit

Thanks for all your replies. I'll give that a go and let you know what happens.Dylan

HelloIF these textures are the only ones you have installed and the reat are standard,then simply replace the whole texture file from your installation discs as described above and then you won't have to bother wading through trying to locate individual files.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Guest dylanfwhit

Problem solved! Thanks for all of your help, I came to the right place :-).Dylan

I'd still like to know two things:1. Where did you get the problematic program (filename and/or site) ?and2. What did you end up doing that restored your textures?