Sign in to follow this  
dolph98

No Joy with Free Flow FL and Bahamas

Hi all,I have d/l'd the FF Bahamas and Florida and have had no luck getting them to work properly. Land that should be dry is covered with water and vice versa in other places. Some airport runways have trees on them. I have the full FS Genesis package installed and the world looks great before FF was installed although many airports seem to be located on plateaus. The plateau issue is another problem I have been trying to figure out...This whole thing is no doubt my doing, but I don't know how to fix it. I have uninstalled FF for now until I figure it out. Any ideas would be welcome.Thanks in advance, DolphEDIT: I have moved the priority of some of the new addon scenery folders and the coastlines are fixed for the most part. But the trees in the runways still remain. Also, MYCI is in the middle of the water.

Hello Dolph,I can't really help you with your FreeFlow Florida and Bahamas problem. I downloaded FFBahamas and it installed without any problems as far asI can tell, I looked only at one airport and Island and that is GrandBahamas and MYGF. The Island and Airport are very nice indeed.Regarding the plateau issue, that is the high resolution mesh, causedby the sampling points being too afar apart and therefore not followingthe true line of the land making some airport appear on a plateau, veryannoying and the reason I just stick with default mesh or mesh that hasbeen worked for a particular airport area.Check me if I'm wrong guys because I'm no expert.Regards and good luck with FreeFlow, I'll be downloading Florida next.--Catmarhttp://www.hypnostudios.com/images/mak__final.jpg

I too, have FF Bahamas and haven't experienced plateau problems. I did have a lockup when approaching one airport, forget which one now, but the author redid a bgl file which corrected it. There are still some minor flaws though. One is some ships are placed on land, but I just ignore it or think of it as a resort hotel.I've been doing short hops between West Palm Beach (KPBI) and Nassau, Grand Bahamas as well as inter-island hops using a Beech B1900D.No other problems noted. Hope all works out for you too. Try emailing the authors about your problem.Jim D.

I laid awake thinking about it. I did even more arranging of priorities and I think I have it now. All airports visited in Bahamas and in Florida look good now. I set the "Bahamas class and mesh" lower priority than the Bahamas scenery and it straighted out. Even the trees are gone from the rwy and the two airports are now out of the water so I can safely land on dry land. Freeflow FL and Bahamas now gets a nod. I think they did a great job around the cities with the bridges and boat docks. Almost looks busy like FSX sometimes. I just wish I could remember where I saw them. I hopped around so much checking it out that I forgot.