Sign in to follow this  
VHOJT

Multi monitor screenshots - how to choose which one

Hi there ChapsI am running FS9 on a laptop with an external monitor. I have the main window on the external monitor and drag some my FMC/other bits of panel to the laptop screen. I use full-screen mode. Does anyone know how I go about choosing which screen is picked when I wish to take a screenshot? At the moment I seem to get both windows joined together side by side when I paste the screenshot in.Any help would be appreciated!RegardsRudy

Guest RonB49

>At the moment I seem to get both windows joined together side by >side when I paste the screenshot in.As far as I know this is the only way to capture a screen shot on a multiple monitor set up. I paste the whole thing into a paint program, then crop out what I don't want. I don't find it to be a big deal because I usually need to resize it, change its format, or in some way prep it for its final use. R-

Hi again, Try using the Alt + Print Screen keys in unison as this will capture the "active" screen or the last one with mouse activity (should you use 1 fullscreen for VC and one for gauges, like I do. If you use windowed mode, just click on the desired window's title bar). This works most of the time in capturing only one screen.Hope it helps.Regards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Ballistix Tracers PC6400 EVGA 8800GT - 174.74 beta Seagate 250GB 7200.11 CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 - X800XT Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

Guest RonB49

I didn't know that Kendall, thanks. R-

Rudy,better still, use Snapper. Take a look here:http://www.ovosoft.net/snapper/I went through a few of these programs and this one really grew on me. I am using it exclusively now. Very easy to use and you can specify precisely the area you want to be captured.It has a setting that says:Crop Snapshot (Might be handy if you use multiple monitors):)Regards,Jure

Thanks very much for your help chaps. I never new about the the Alt key combination. I'll also check out that Snapper.Cheers and thanks againRudy