Sign in to follow this  
gavi25

CYYZ2007 Crashing **HELP**

Hello guysI have recently installed the great CYYZ2007 by Dennis Di Franco in FS9. I currently also have AES selected for it as well.It has been working ok until today. When I load the scenery, it is ok, but when I change the time, FS9 crashes to desktop without an error message?I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, deleting the FS9 cfg file and restarting, starting in default flight, starting in another saved flight, disabling AES but it just does'nt make any difference.Can anyone help me or make any suggestions?I look forward to any replies.Kind RegardsGavin Moss

HiThanks for getting back to me. I have tried changing the AI aircraft and all seems ok.I have also tried changing the time in increments and it seems fine in the dark but crahses when it is supposed to be daylight which is very strange?Kind RegardsGavin Moss

Hi Gavin,Time specific crashes usually mean AI or texture problems.You can eliminate AI by turning it off and see if the problem goes away.If it does then you know it is AI related and the next step would be to turn AI back on and move half your traffic files out of the sim and check for problems. If the problem persists move out half of the remainder, if it goes away move back in half of what you took out. Using this procedure you will eventually figure out the problem file, however it can be time consuming if you have a bunch of traffic.If you turn off your AI and the crash persists then move on to scenery, leave your AI off and deactivate all your addons in the library. Then check for crash. If it goes away start reactivating your addons until you find the culprit.If you turn off all your AI and addon scenery and it doesn't go away then....well, try my suggestion up to this point and if you don't find it then let us know.Hope this makes sense and helps you.

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Hi JoeThanks for your reply. I have tried it without any AI and still crashes, it was fine a few weeks ago when I last went to CYYZ.I haven't added any extra scenery since I installed CYYZ2007 so I am completely baffled as I now know it is not the AI?Kind RegardsGavin Moss

Hi Gavin, Don't know if this applies to you, but thought you might want a look at it as I noticed you were using AES. Scroll down and look at post #18 "FINALLY IT WORKS"http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_post...4500&PID=138287Hope it helps.Regards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Ballistix Tracers PC6400 EVGA 8800GT - 174.74 beta Seagate 250GB 7200.11 CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 - X800XT Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

Hmmm....a few weeks ago it was spring, now it is summer, sounds like maybe a bad ground texture to me.Did you try my suggestions re. your scenery files?Do you have Vic + installed?I remember reading a thread somewhere about a simmer that discovered a bad texture that had come with a scenery package and nobody had found it for years because it required a certain combination of being in the right place at the right time during the right season. I will look for that old thread, I think I know where it is.In the mean time I still suggest going through the process of elimination for your addon sceneries.[edit]disregard comment about Vic+, I misread CYYZ AS CYYJ[edit]

sigbar.gif

Hi JoeThanks very much for your suggestions. I have tried it in Spring and works fine and then changed back to summer and then it crashed, so looks like a problem when in summer season.Is there anything that you can think of that I can do? Perhaps reinstall the default textures, but not sure how to do that?Kind RegardsGavin Moss

Hi there guysThanks to everyone who has helped with my problem.I have reinstalled the default textures from the FS9 disk's and everyting works fine now.ThanksKind RegardsGavin Moss

Gavin,Good to hear you have it sorted out, bum textures are hard to track down.Just curious if you had replaced the default textures with any addon package?

sigbar.gif