Sign in to follow this  
palafox

Recommendations for Aircrafts

Hi,As the subject states, I am looking for recommendations/advice for some aircrafts, with these conditions:* Commercial or free.* Average complexity, not as simple as a Jenny or a Piper Cub, nor an overly complex craft with a 100+ page manual and a checklist with no end. Currently I fly and feel comfortable with planes such as PMDG B1900C/D, Aeroworx Xtreme King Air B200, Flight1 Pilatus PC-12, or Eaglesoft Cessna Citation X.* Nice Virtual Cockpit. I fly all the time in the VC, apart from some operations as starting the plane from the cold and dark cockpit.* Actually I am interested in aircrafts of these types, provided previous conditions are met: - Medium size/regional range commercial planes, both turboprops (eg. ATR-42/72, DeHavilland Canada/Bombardier Dash 8) and jets (eg. Embraer ERJ 145, Canadair CRJ-200/700/900) - Narrow-body (Boeing 707/717/727/737, McDonnell Douglas DC-9 and MD-80, Airbus A320) and wide-body jet airliners (Boeing 747/777, Airbus A300/A310/etc, DC-10, MD-11)So, please, any recommendations?Thanks in advance,JAMM

Anything by Eric Cantu (727s, 737, Dc9Xs, MD8X series). You can add your own panels and sound. Richard Probst's panels are very good. Too, don't overlook the newer offerings from POSKY. Flight One's ATR72 is very good, too.Bob

Dream Fleet 727 is a good bet for you. It's an awesome all round package with lots of hand flying. It has an amazing virtual cockpit to boot.

Guest Sinnerman49

Absolutely no contest - Dreamfleet 727.Fits all your requirements.Just about the right complexity...Perfect Range profile (I usually fly <1HR flights in it...)Great VC (I do ALL operations from the VC except operations on the Engineers panel)And to boot -*Tons of liveries*fantastic flight model*great soundset

JAMM:1 - Flight1 ATR: no need for a 2D panel, it is more functional in 3D and TOTALLY functionally accurate and certified by Aerospatiale!2 - Wilco ERJ PIC: no need for a 2D panel, it too is also fully functional in 3D and also funtionally accurate. Also a very nice simulation of FADEC which is an automatic thrust controller that is an alternative to autothrottles. Takes a new dimension, and some getting used to.3 - 727, of course Dreamfleet. As real as it gets. nuff said.4 - PMDG is the gold standard for 747-400 simulation. Full 3D cockpit, you'll never have to use the 2D for anything at all.That should keep you busy for a while

Guest Shalomar

On the freeware side, I think you would be happy with Milton Shupe's Dash 7. Good looking VC, cold and dark starts, and great STOL performance. On runways I can barely stop the Caravan on, I can stop and take off in the -7. Also it has a guage called RunwayInfo... click on a spot on the panel and a guage comes up that lists runway heading and available ILS freqs at most airports.Also, have you tried Venevionnes Rockwell Turbocommander 690B? Great looking VC, you can do a complete cold and dark except for the avionics master which must be activated from the 2D cockpit or keyboard.For payware, hold out for the RealAir Duke... their very next product to be released! The speed of a Duke combined with the expertise that created those great looking and performing VC cockpits in the Scout and Marchetti.Best Regards, Donald T.:-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Thank you, everyone for your suggestions.* About Milton Shupe's creations, they are all superb aircrafts. I've managed to get them all from http://www.flightsimonline.com/, including the Dash 7 that is of special interest to me.* MAAM SIM are a must. In fact, some time ago I purchased their Douglas R4D/DC3/C47, always a pleasure to fly.* TinmouseII 737: I've read about it and it seems to be an excellent option but doesn't include a VC, and there are no plans to its implementation.* Flight One's ATR72: a clear candidates, but I've heard it's a bit too complex simulation.* PMDG 747-400: ditto.* Dreamfleet 727: you've convinced me. I'll get this from Flight1. I love those airliners from the 50's-60's with their not so sophisticated tech and no glass stuff at all.* About Eric Cantu and Richard Probst, I didn't know, so I'll look for them.* Wilco ERJ PIC: didn't know, but it seems to fit my requirements. I've just got the 737 PIC from Wilco, and like it a lot: complex, but not in excess. Also, the docs by Capt. Mike Ray is a plus for a newcomer to this category of aircrafts.* Venevionnes Rockwell Turbocommander 690B: got it!* RealAir Duke: not planned for fs9.So again, many thanks for your atention and advices,JAMM