Sign in to follow this  
Guest CSerpent

Sick of FS! :(

I think I'm going to leave it where it is for just a while -- it's been several weeks since I've had a smooth running machine, and this one is just hitting her stride, so I want to fly for a while. I'm finally having a blast again, and I can't believe this rocket of a system is acutally mine -- and that I built it!Let me know how you make out with Acronis -- seemed when I cloned my drive I got a lot of problems with textures going buggy and such. I was told this can happen.

Hey Chuck, I will let you know how I do... I have never had any issues with Acronis but if I get buggy textures now I am coming straight to you!!!Enjoy the system, great build Chuck!!!-PPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme2 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

>Hey Chuck, I will let you know how I do... I have never had>Enjoy the system, great build Chuck!!!>-PI could not have done it without the guys here and in the Hardware Forum. No way, no how!

Guest Keith Sebastian

Mike,I had a similar issue with my new system build. Narrowed it down to nVidia Drivers on my 8800 GTS 512MB.The problem I had was the view froze while cycling through views. Could not get back to 2D view from VC view after cycling thru all views. ALT+ENTER to exit fullscreen and again to go back worked for me.But now, I have resolved this issue for good by installing nHancer and setting up the drivers like how it's described here by "pgaudet". Try it, maybe it might help - http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=46025&page=No more view freezes. Remember to disable built in FS9 anti-aliasing. Also install the latest nVidia drivers before tweaking with nHancer.PS: No need to make a copy of the default FS9 nHancer profile as mentioned in the above link. Also, use the "Combined 8XS" option for AACheers,Keith

Do NOT use the "Combined" or "Supersampling" setting for your 8800 card -- it will spin, run extra hot and possibly burn up prematurely because it is constantly searching for a setting it does not have.The online user guide specifically states that neither setting are to be used with 8x00 and later cards.<< http://www.nhancer.com/?dat=d_enhancements >>