Sign in to follow this  

Major misstep again by Wilco/feelThere!!!

The Embraer E175/195's are larger in length then the released version of the E170/190's from Wilco/feelThere which means the Northwest Airlink, LOT, US Airways, Flybe, Montenegro Airlines and Royal Jordanian E's are incorrect! Vic from feelThere please come up with the other two models!!!For $59.00 (complete version) it should be correct...Darryl

Hmmm - the Wilco/Feelthere E170/190 package has not yet been released, so I am not sure how you are able to make this type of announcement.:-hmmm

Graeme Butler

It's at another website...the preview paints are being shown.For instance a great quality Flybe paint was applied to a E190 body instead of the E195 which is approx. 8 feet longer!See for yourself: http://www.flightsimworld.com/forums/index...howtopic=148962>Hmmm - the Wilco/Feelthere E170/190 package has not yet been>released, so I am not sure how you are able to make this type>of announcement.>:-hmmm This kind of thing ticks me off...Darryl

yeah, and LVL-D didn't do the -400 which CO flies. THE HORROR!!!!Honestly, I am sorry this ticks you off but if you want EVERY model created then do it yourself...Why do people EXPECT so many things opposed to graciously wanting them???-PPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme2 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hello Darryl,After reading your post, I understood that WHATEVER Wilco/FeelThere releases, you will find something bad to say about it.In these conditions, I suggest that you do NOT buy the Embraer E-Jets from Wilco...

I don't really mind the miss of the E175/E195, however I do hope FeelThere goons learned from their disastrous Airbus release.

Disastrous... This is the right word.I still wonder how I could develop it :+ I am so upset about all the terrible comments I heard about it that today I prefer to have fun of it...

Of course I doubt it.Many people (including myself) enjoy the Airbus Series, and I saw so many posts where people were saying the aircraft was buggy just because they didn't know how to use it and didn't even read the documentation. Do you want some examples?I agree the first release had bugs, but they were corrected long ago to reach a good level of quality. The real problem is that the (few) unhappy people shout loud, and the happy users don't say anything. So if you read the forums, you only read bad posts...

Hey Rocky,I do enjoy the V2 big busses... They are not a PMDG 744 but then again, they didn't cost as much either ;) FS2Crew makes them really enjoyable. Can I ask a quick question? Being a Boeing driver I am used to the arc that shows the bottom of your descent point on the PFD. A lot of times when descending with V/S I can gauge my rate of descent with that visual indicator on the Primary Flight Display. I can't seem to find that on the big busses and I have no visual indication of where my descent will end.What am I missing?Thanks in advance,-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme2 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hello Paul,I am VERY happy that a happy user also posts on this forum, it shows that happy Airbus fliers exist ;-) I know the feature you're talking about. It exists on Boeing aircrafts, and also exists on the CRJ I have modeled in 2004 with FeelThere. This green arc is very convenient to see where you will reach the target altitude, depending on your rate of descent. Unfortunately, it does not exist on the Airbus. I had this confirmed by several Airbus pilots, who didn't know this feature at all...There is another feature on the Airbus ND, which may be confused with the one you're talking about. On the Airbus, you can have a dashed green arc on the ND, which looks like the target altitude arc of the Boeings. But it is not the same. On the Airbus, it shows the total energy of the aircraft. In other words, it shows where you would touch the ground if you loose all the engines. This feature is not simulated in the FeelThere/Wilco Airbus.

>Of course I doubt it.>Many people (including myself) enjoy the Airbus Series, and I>saw so many posts where people were saying the aircraft was>buggy just because they didn't know how to use it and didn't>even read the documentation. Do you want some examples?>>I agree the first release had bugs, but they were corrected>long ago to reach a good level of quality. The real problem is>that the (few) unhappy people shout loud, and the happy users>don't say anything. So if you read the forums, you only read>bad posts...>>Yes, but the initial release was pretty buggy and a whole lotta people complained about it, so I hope you take care of such things with the Embraer.And I'm seriously not under the impression that many of those bugs which were reported entirely ccme from some users' ignorance. I think this addon was simply rushed out way too early in order to be first to bring out some Airbus addon before the others do.You can clearly tell that since this addon had Boeing callouts...Those issues made me lose my trust in feelThere for now.Nevertheless the E-Jets are of interest for me - but I'll certainly wait for first reports to avoid the aforementioned disappointment.Just my point of view.Regards,

I partially agree with you, and this is what I said in my previous post: the first version was buggy, and it was a mistake from us. The reasons for this are complex but it was not rushed out because of the competition. We knew they were developing much more advanced projects that would be released much later than ours. As you can see, we were right because 1.5 year later, no competitor product has been released yet.I understand you lost your trust in FeelThere, and I regret it. You should change your mind, and I explain you why:- As the first Airbus Series Vol1 release was buggy, we learnt our lesson and the release of the Volume 2 was much better, no major bug was reported. But I understand you don't want to hear about the Airbus any more...- FeelThere product are developed by different people. In fact, the FeelThere team is composed of several teams. I worked on the CRJ and Airbus Series, but I didn't work on the ERJ, Legacy, Citation and E-Jets. IOW, if you don't like the way the Airbus were developed, you should keep an eye on the E-Jets, they were developed by very talented people at FeelThere (maybe better than me ;-) )I'm happy that we can have this open discussion.

The preview screenshots on the wilco website look fantastic. I believe this package will be as go as or better than the Legacy. They have a good track record with the Embraer series so I'll be purchasing.

"Honestly, I am sorry this ticks you off but if you want EVERY model created then do it yourself...Why do people EXPECT so many things opposed to graciously wanting them???"When it comes to freeware I could not agree more. Griping about shortcomings in freeware shows immaturity and poor class, in my opinion.However payware needs to EXCEED expectations, especially since most payware is approaching the $50+ price range. If it isn't 99 pct. accurate in all aspects, then it's no better than a freeware attempt in my opinion. When someone asks for my money, I expect them to do their due diligence. Simulations such as this aren't my cup of tea. I prefer to be at the controls, I don't expect some FMS to do it for me. At the same time, I expect those releasing the product to respect their audience enough to get at least close to the real aircraft: visually, systems wise, and in the flight envelope. If their response or their shills' response is a defensive "Why do you expect so much B.S." then they should be distributing their work freely.Meanwhile I will continue to fly any one of dozens of great freeware and payware aircraft I've found. None of them are perfect, but their authors invested a lot of effort in getting the basics, and then some.Regards,John