Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

Fly Tampa KAI TAK......RELEASED!!

Guest retard_retard_retard

Well noticed. I'm just about to install it...............once i figure out how to remove the 9dragons version first. Hope it'll all be worth it!!!

Guest retard_retard_retard

Just flew a quick couple of circuits round. During the day i was a little dissapointed and really struggled to see any difference over the 9dragons version. Nighttime however is a HUGE improvment as the lighting is probably the best ive ever seen in fs2004! theres a strange haze/fog lighting effect between the building that looks brilliant. Not sure if all that really warrants the spend if you already have the 9dragons installed, though i'm fairly happy.oh, fps is very similar to 9dragons version.

Guest lgvpilot1

Thank you for an honest, all be it early opinion .I really like the look of this ,but i am very, very reluctant to uninstall the 9 dragons version for many reasons.Not least the effort that went into creating it, but the fact that, what is there to gain for a "heavy pilot"?.Please anyone else who has bought this please enlighten me Mark

Let you know in about 11hrs Mark. Flying AFR188 B773 service from LFPG to VHHX. Should be interesting as I will have to add the final waypoints manually into the FMS. Check back about 0900Z for details.

Eric 

Guest lgvpilot1

I will definatly check backWhat 773 are you flying(ie pss )?and also i wonder if i do decide to buy this ,will the sid/star i have for my PMDG be any good Any how ,Happy Landings!!!MarkOh! by the way you do realise that if it is that good and you had 9dragons installed previously I will have about a million questions for you :-hah

Well, I dont have 9dragons to compare it to but i got to say, I popped out of the clouds inbound on the IGS and it was one of the most immersive feelings I have had with FS ever. The city-scape was a sight to behold! Good on framerates as well. It really looks photo quality real to me. Everything is in proportion like it should be. You can almost sense the people looking up at you as you seem to skim over the buildings.I landed in the daylight and just like in the videos on youtube, the checkerboard was hard for me to pick out. I had everything written down for easy ref. to fly the IGS 13 by the numbers. I tracked it inbound and finally saw the checkerboard and turned for the rwy. The PSS 777 does not have the best FDE on slow approach speeds with bank angles greater than 5 degrees. It wants to start yawing back and forth on you. I got her down on the center line but was halfway down the runway and had to use the rudder more than I like. I can't wait until Monday when I can next fly. Will make a Qantas run in the LVL-D 767 from SYD which has a better FDE for sure. I am anxious to see how the PMDG MD11 flies the IGS 13 approach, that is if the sim don't shut down like it tends to do with their 747. It is well worth the money. Sitting at the gate and just looking around in the VC with Track IR, it is really quite stunning. I have the static aircraft added as I fly online and like the airport to look busy. The static aircraft are really well done and make Kai Tak look full.

Eric 

Guest lgvpilot1

EricThanks for the reply!I have to admit I was hoping your response would have been something like "Meh!! its okay":-hah But Now it looks like Im going to try and uninstall my 9Dragons version ,which considering i have V1 is going to be no easy task!!I still have the installation manual so I suppose its just a case of reverse engineering.But from the screenshots Ive seen and your comments I think it may well be worth the effortThanks Mark

Guest belga1

Hi,Flytampa Kai Tak tested....Differences noticed on my side when comparing with the free Dragon version:Better FPS/fluidity.Better buildings rendering.Better lightings (buildings and nav)More detailled airport in the Dragon version.No need to ajust realism settings like in the Dragon version.So I will still glued on the Flytampa Kai Tak !Cheers for now.

Well I have also tried both.9Dragons was really well done and free ;)FT's version is much more immersive and crisp (as said above) and the textures are amazing and blend real well together.That being said, if $37 is not going to bust your bank it's a must have.Martin and the gang did a fab job on her. The moving traffic (boats and cars) blows me away.

I have to say it's an amazing Add-on that really does Kai Tak justice, I never tried the 9Dragons version, so I can't compare it to that one.the detail is amazing, has anybody noticed the hulk of B-165 (the China Airlines 744 that overan the runway and ended up in the bay) next to one of the hangars?-Sander

Aside from reverse engineering the install instructions, are there step by step instructions to removing 9 Dragons version 1?I am downloading version 2 to see if it contains something.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Guest lgvpilot1

Its not as bad as you think if you followed the original 9d instructionsjust rename the original files then delete the 9d versions , after that de activate the 3 9d folders in your scenery , at this point i re started the flightsim so the scenery config updated , then shutdown and installed the flytampa version I've been flying in and around kai tak all day with no problems , all in all about twenty minutes Mark

Guest Binkles

Yeah seeing that 747, I had to fly closer because I thought, hang on, it doesn't have a tail :)

Guest zacharace

Another benefit of FlyTampa (correct me if I'm wrong): peaceful coexistence of both Kai Tak and Chek Lap Kok payware sceneries. :D