Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

Fly Tampa KAI TAK......RELEASED!!

Guest lgvpilot1

I,ve just been over at the FlyTampa site and from what I,ve been reading there may be a memory leak problem with the fs9 versionhttp://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3139I havent experienced it myself yet but if you have recently got Kai tak it makes an 'interesting' readMark

No more memory leak at Kai Tak! I just completed a long flight and PF stayed at around 770Mb! Take a look at the thread that Mark posted a link to, download the patch, move the hk_lc.bgl file to where you usually keep landclass files and that's it. This latest FlyTampa release truly is a masterpiece! Talk about immersion... I guess I'll be flying to Hong Kong a lot. :)Regards,Jure

Hey Jure!!!I installed the patch this morning and I am doing LLBG-VHHX right now as we speak. Tomorrow is the ultra long haul from KEWR-VHHX. I couldn't agree more, FlyTampa has just outdone themselves this time. Martin and George are beyond talented and their support is unbelievable!I hope all is well with you, just wanted to say hi :) BTW, I have been through a few more rigs as you can see below and have a pair of WD Caviar 750 gig drives here I was using for RAID-0 that I just replaced with dual WD VelociRaptor 10k 3gb/s drives in Raid-0. You want them lol :)Seriously, all the best, I hope you are good!-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E8500 468X9.5 @ 4.45Asus Maximus Extreme2 gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 @1400Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigsDual VelociRaptor 10k 3gb/s RAID-0Dual WD Caviar 500 gig Raid-0Single 150Gig SATA2 Swap Drive28 inch LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sPCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLISaitek Yoke, Saitek Rudders, Go-Flight Flap,Gear and Trim Controlhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigsIntel E6600 @ 3.2Asus P5N32E-SLI Plus3 Gigs Kingston Hyper XXFX 8600 GTAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hey Paul!great to hear from you again! Yeah, life is good, especially with the fantastic new Kai Tak! Martin and George truly outdid themselves with this one. Every half serious simmer should have this on their disks. I hope you are doing well, too? You'll be pleased to know that your old FX57 rig is working great. I'll have to think about those Caviars, LOL. I could, in fact, use more space. :)KEWR-VHHX sounds great. I have a PanAm B742 repaint sitting on my disk, perfect for such a flight. Hm, come weekend, I just might fly this route as well. All the best, Paul, see you in Hong Kong! ;)Jure

Guest c210_cvs

Do AI follow the checkerboard approach ala 9dragons?

Indeed they do. Some better than the other but all in all it's a thrill just to watch the AI flying the curved approach. Jim Vile did a great job.I went a little overboard and rerouted all AI traffic that flies to or originates from VHHH to VHHX which results in a VERY busy Kai Tak. :)Jure

Looks nice, but 42 US Dollars for an airport scenery is a little expensive