Sign in to follow this  
rgbinns

A HORDE of AI traffic @ Kaitak

Hi there, I have managed to get 9dragons Kaitak up and working, all but the AI traffic that is. I have PAI installed - nothing happens for about 5 mins but then a HORDE of aircraft descends on Kaitak. There are about 12 of them tail to tail or on top of each other and of course only 1 or 2 land. The rest have to do a go around.I followed the instructions to the letter by diverting the craft from the new Hong Kong airport. I really love this scenery but would like it even more if the traffic would land correctly.As far as taking off go thats fine, all works well.Anyone else having the same trouble? or can you help me please.regardsRichard

Richard Binns
MSFS 2020 - Asus ROG Strix Z390-E - Skylake i7 9700k - EVGA RTX 3070 Black - 32gig G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 - Thermaltake Thor 850w Platinum PSU - Corsair Hydro H80iGT cooler - Samsung 43" UHD HDR TV - Thermaltake V71 Case - Samsung SSD 850 EVO M.2 500GB  - 2 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus V-Nand 1TB

Guest retard_retard_retard

you'll be best to use Ai smooth that you can get in the library. Obviously the new hong kong airport is much bigger than the old kai tak and handles many more flights as well as having dual runways. Given this, diverting all it's traffic to kai tak will cause it to have a bit of a stroke! another option is to simply turn down your AI percentage when you know you'll be flying into or out of kai tak.The only other option is to go in and manually reduce the number of flights going into hong kong by editing your traffic file.

Hello I get this from time to time as well.Usually it occurs when FS pauses momentarily and a message comes up "refreshing scenery objects" or something like that,its cause may be something to do with world time zones anyway after it has done its refreshing the sky will be filled with AI aircraft resulting in some quite spectacular formation flying till it sorts itself out.I also had a rather nice "Close Encounters"like scene at LAX on a night time departure when a line of aircraft all following each other with landing,nav lights etc all peeled off over the airport in a go around dance.These things don't happen to often so i have learnt to live with it.PS If i am departing from EHAM(Schipol)i set my AI to as little as ten percent otherwise it can take forever to get airborne such is the level of traffic.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077