Sign in to follow this  
scomeau1

FS2004 Speed Problem ?

I just built a new gaming computer Intel Duo Core 2 with 3 MHZ processer with 4 GB Ram & video card eVGA GeForce 9600GTThe problem that I have now is when the aircraft is parked on the runway with the brakes on the aircraft will slowly creep forward down the runway.It seems to be that somthing is to fast for FS2004 or a setting is wrong.Any Ideas what could cause this problem ?Thanks Scott

Just calibrate your throttle, check your null zones and use the N1 or EPR to check if the engines are fully idle. Nothing to do with your system specsRob

Rob Prest

Guest avrovulcan

Hi,What aircraft are you using?? I only ask coz alough the re-calibration if the throttle will work for most aircraft, sometimes with some of the more realistic turboprop aircraft such as the Flight 1 ATR or the King Air by Aeroworks, if the prop pith is set all the way forward (Prop Pitch course) the aircraft will creep forward on idle thrust. it the ATR normal procedure is to taxi and hold e.c.t. with prop pitch fine (almost feathered), full forward (course pitch would only normally be applied once on the runway, lined up ready for take off.However if using a jet, then the re-cal of the throttle would be the normal fix.Regards Andy

Guest belga1

Hello,Maybe you are new user of FS but you will see all the planes in FS (parking brakes ON) with engines running at iddle .. will very slowly going forward... I think (I read this comment so many times) it's a bug of the game... AFAIKRegards.

Guest avrovulcan

Sorry, I have to disagree there, I have several hundred of addon aircraft, and the only ones that i have that creep forward are some of the turboprops, (as already stated) if the prop pitch is set too course, while parked or taxing, or an incorrectly programed aircraft config file (Jets). As much as i would like to blame the host simulation, This one is not an inherrent problem with FS9.Regards Andy