Sign in to follow this  
Opa

Flat Tires - Seeking an Experienced Manipulator!

Hi guys.I am seeking someone who is experienced in manipulating contact points as I have had no luck adjusting them on a School Bus which has flat tires - see attached picture.I understand the concept but for the life of me I cannot get the bus to sit properly on any surface. Perhaps I am just not holding my mouth right.The file is:http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...=root&Go=SearchI have had no luck trying to contact the author and even the pictures he included in the package show the bus sitting with "flat tires".If someone could make the necessary adjustments and pot the changes or e-mail them to me I would be very grateful.Thanks in advance.

Guest belga1

Hello,Unfortunately my comments will not help you....I installed this bus for experiment and I used "Aircraft Container" for try to correct the contacts points."Aircraft Container" is very user friendly as you see as graphics all the contacts points and more and the values.When you make ajustements you see them in realtime.Nevertheless I was not able by ajustements to have any results....The bus is sink in the ground and make FS allways refresh ....This bus must have a wrecked model and it's a no go.At first glance I dunno why the author released this bus ...as his own picture on Avsim show already it's something badly wrong !.... Regards.

Opa,At work and don't remember the correct name for the gear parameter but it's something like 'gear height' or 'vertical position' - comes after the fore, aft, left and right position values. I remember using that with some success on aircraft.RegardsMark

Regards,

Mark

Thanks for trying - I really appreciate your efforts.I am not familiar with the Aircraft Container program.Would you enlighten me - where to get it etc.?Thanks again.

Thanks for the response.I have tried every possible combination I think without success. As the other responder suggested, the model may be problematic.Thanks again.

Guest belga1

Hello "Opa",Please check your PM box !Regards.

Been there, done that.Thanks

Opa,For the fun of it I d'loaded the bus and came up with these:changed 'vertical positions' and 'cg height' as indicated - this puts it on the ground.point.0=1, 2.50, -2.61, (-0.32,) point.1=1, 2.50, 2.61, (-0.32,) point.2=1, -5.8, -2.65, (-0.53,) point.3=1, -5.8 2.65, (-0.53,) static_cg_height=0.15 regards,Markps - this thing seems to have other fde issues though

Regards,

Mark

Guest belga1

Hi,"static_cg_height=0.15"Aahh ..allright .. that's a item i had not checked when I made some quick experiments hours ago :)Regards.

>Opa,>>For the fun of it I d'loaded the bus and came up with these:>>changed 'vertical positions' and 'cg height' as indicated ->this puts it on the ground.>>point.0=1, 2.50, -2.61, (-0.32,) >point.1=1, 2.50, 2.61, (-0.32,) >point.2=1, -5.8, -2.65, (-0.53,) >point.3=1, -5.8 2.65, (-0.53,) >>static_cg_height=0.15 >>regards,>Mark>>ps - this thing seems to have other fde issues thoughGuess I am not understanding exactly what you changed to get it to sit on the ground properly.For example, on point 0 you wrote:point.0=1, 2.50, -2.61, (-0.32,)Am I to change the -2.61 to -0.32 or does the -0.32 refer to the next variable? And I assume the brackets are not used in any case.Sorry to be so dense. I am only hoping to be able to use it as an AI vehicle in a scenery project I am working on.

Sorry, I was too cryptic, your latter assumption is correct, I was indeed mumbling to change the fourth value to the stuff in brackets....and the cg height to the value indicated.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Sorry to report that after changing the settings as per your instructions Mark, the tires are still flat. Nothing I have tried so far as brought them in line with the ground - they are either a couple of feet above or six inches or so below.I am quite sure I copied your original post correctly and edited the contact points accordingly.I do appreciate your time and effort.Perhaps I can locate another School Bus which will work as an AI vehicle.

seemed fine on my setup, but alas so it goes - good hunting.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

I was too hasty -I played a bit more and got it to work with these settings:point.0 = 1, 2.50, -2.61, -0.34 , 9500, 0, 2.0, 38.0, 0.3,1.5, 1.8, 0.0, 0.0, 0point.1 = 1, 2.50, 2.61, -0.34 , 9500, 0, 2.0, 38.0, 0.3,1.5, 1.8, 0.0, 0.0, 0point.2 = 1, -5.8, -2.65, -0.55, 9500, 1, 1.5, 0.0, 0.5, 1.5, 1.8, 0.0, 0.0, 2point.3 = 1, -5.8 2.65, -0.55, 9500, 2, 1.5, 0.0, 0.5, 1.5, 1.8, 0.0, 0.0, 3and the cg height at 0.15I seem to have lost the brakes on it but assume I can figure out why.

Just thought I would post this update.Finally got the Bus to sit correctly and tweaked the engine data so it would not creep forward.Set up a test run using it as an AI vehicle - worked perfectly. Even had the typical "bounce" which a school bus has.Only problem - and I guess this is insurmountable - is that the Bus model is only about half as big as it should be! Looks more like an Radio Controlled model rather than a full scale bus.Too bad the original author did not do more testing before releasing the package.Thanks to everyone who gave me hints and ideas. If anyone runs across a properly modeled School Bus, please give me a heads up.I should have noticed the scale of the Bus was wrong as I was working with it, but simply did not.Thanks again.