Sign in to follow this  
thepilot

Wilco E-Jets released

Guest UlfB

>Good lord... she use an auto wax buffer on her face???>*gulp!*Do you know that the tires of the aircraft have the same wax buffer ;-)But no wax on the wings - some stealth here and none there. It's a shame.Ulf B

Guest davidvoogd

I really enjoy the ERJ-145 and the Legacy / 135 so I will be picking up this one too. I have no use for Feelthere / Wilco support, and I know their stuff is usually buggy on release (or even after 2 patches to the point it's useless in the case of the Airbus but that was by a different team), but I know what I'm getting into and so far the only issues seem manageable.One comment though - why do people make such a big deal about autoland? I know if its an advertised feature it should work, and it's a good measure of the competency of the autopilot programming - but that asside - honestly, why would you use it? Landing is the most enjoyable part of the flight, why let a simulated computer on your computer do it for you lol. It's far more challenging flying in low visibility / IFR weather yourself and more enjoyable, whether or not that's how the real airlines do it.

Guest UlfB

>One comment though - why do people make such a big deal about>autoland? I know if its an advertised feature it should work,>and it's a good measure of the competency of the autopilot>programming - but that asside - honestly, why would you use>it?You can land the aircraft even if your drunk. That's why. Proven by several crews around the globe.Ulf B

>One comment though - why do people make such a big deal about>autoland? I know if its an advertised feature it should work,>and it's a good measure of the competency of the autopilot>programming - but that asside - honestly, why would you use>it? Landing is the most enjoyable part of the flight, why let>a simulated computer on your computer do it for you lol. It's>far more challenging flying in low visibility / IFR weather>yourself and more enjoyable, whether or not that's how the>real airlines do it.Sometimes I feel like there's something magic about autoland. Try CoolSky Super80 for example, prepare everything for autoland and last moment jump outside view and enjoy the catharsis from the side. :)

Guest monsoon

>>Nope, wouldn't touch it with a 10 meter pole! :-lol>>>>Mike T.>>Maybe you'll regret that statement. Might end up as a very>good aircraft, just like the PMDG 747 and LevelD finally did>;-)>>ULf BWhen #### freezes over it will. This company has proven time and time again that it can not compete at the same level with the big boys.

Guest davidvoogd

bloody #### - I just bought it and now I'm getting an error message when I go to the download page... bah!

I am ALSO getting an error message when I go to the download page!!!!!!!!!!

Guest belga1

Hi,You are all wrong !!It's not a error message ! it's the welcome message from Wilco :)Cheers.

Guest davidvoogd

lol lets hope its fixed up soon

Guest ac772LR

Ok, I need help, because the manual just doesn't answer every question. I've flown the aircraft several times, but I can't get the autoland to engage. Once I've reached approach altitude and I get cleared for final, I complete my turn, I hit the app button and it never catches the ILS. I've noticed that the ILS frequency isn't active on the MCP, so I'm guessing I didn't program the FMS correctly. But, on decent, I went to the arrival page, I hit the runway LSK and input the runway, then it asks me to activate and I do. After all that, nothing happens, so, for all of you who have managed to get it to work, would someone mind walking me through it?With regard to the overbanking during turns, it you hit the bank button, the turns are far more gradual.As for the challenge holding an altitude at low flight levels, I too have had this problem and haven't been able to work it out. My guess is this is a bug that will be fixed shortly.All in all, this isn't a bad aircraft and I would recommend it to anyone who likes to fly smaller aircraft. The aircraft is simply a dream to fly off autopilot.Any help regarding the problem above would be really appreciated.Regards,Bill

>Ok, I need help, because the manual just doesn't answer every>question. I've flown the aircraft several times, but I can't>get the autoland to engage.bill:confirm 'autoland' is enabled in the MCDU.both NAV radios must be tuned to ILS freq for autoland. you will see 'APPR2' showing in the PFD v. APPR1 if only one NAV comm is tuned to ILS.confirm correct LOC course is set for the inbound ILS.support -http://forum.iemit.com (reg. required to view/post in the EMB (Ejet) forum.)--edit: typo--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

>As a current ERJ-170 FO for Shuttle America out of ORD, I was>looking forward to this very much.>>So much I gave them tons of materials for them to reference>(AOM, POH, etc.) I also offered to help beta test.>>They said, "don't send us large attachements again.....we have>all the beta testers we need...". Those attachements were>only 10 megs each, what kind of software developer can't>handle a 10 meg email?!?>>Well anyways, they obviously needed more beta tester.>>I downloaded this last night very excited and was very>disapointed.>>The biggest bug, which I havent seen mentioned yet is the>stupid flight director and flight path vector indicator.>>The green flight patch vector indicator in the real plane>banks and moves with the airplane. It's a indicatation of>where the airplane is moving in relation to the horizon. >Wilco's stays put right on the horizon, but does move>vertically.>>The FPV needs to bank...which leads me to the next big>problem.>>The pink flight director. For example, when you command a>right turn 30 degrees right, the pink diamond will bank and>move to the right in the real airplane. Commanding, you, the>pilot, to steer the green FPV on top of the pink diamond and>match it's bank. BUT!!!! On wilco's version, the pink dot>moves right, but BANKS LEFT!!! Seriosuly guys, thats a major>flaw I noticed after 5 mins.>>Also, the EICAS decluttering is a major issue for me. The>only way to see if you have three down and green is move the>flaps from up to 1. Then the EICAS will clutter. There are>times in real life where you want to throw out the gear before>flaps 1.>>Also, when the aircraft starts up, you should have the fuel>pumps set to auto...but when you look at your fuel status>page, it shows the AC fuel pumps to be on. NOT TRUE...when>the engines are running, they motive flow pumps are operating>and system logic will turn of the AC fuel pumps.>>VNAV is very buggy. You can't put in speed and crossing>resrtictions at certain fixes. And if you do, it doesn't>intercept the VPATH at all.>>Ok, rant over...other than those issues, she looks hot!Why on earth would they turn down someone who actually has seat time in the darn bird?

>Why on earth would they turn down someone who actually has>seat time in the darn bird?developers have the right to choose whom they wish to be on the beta team ... this includes those with or without experience in the real-world aircraft. PMDG, levelD, eaglesoft, airlinerXP, airsimmer, dreamfleet, cooksky etc. all limit whom have access during development.--edit: typo--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/