Sign in to follow this  
thepilot

Wilco E-Jets released

Guest dylanfwhit

AAAHHH!!!!!! I was looking forward to attempt to fly this bird tonight and I get this stupid error message when I go to the download center to download it! :-fume

Zoinks! It's Scoob!Jeez Scoob. I gotta wonder how many E pilots were on the beta/dev team?Too many or not enough, depends on how you want to look at it.I would think if I was trying to replicate (in a small way even) an E series plane that an E series pilot offer of help would be welcome with open arms.On a side note a friend of mine is a FO at Air Canada and is on the airbus (10'000 hours). He gave your A320 a go and said "it was neat". I have another friend who is a retired 767 pilot (and does the hiring for ACA) he flew the LVD and said "It blew me away, where can I get it!".There ya go.....

Scoob, I wasn't going to comment but you've included us in this thread so I'll try to be brief.While it is true that devs have the right to limit beta testers it seems to me that whoever decided to leave the RW Pilot out missed the boat.Let this be a public request for that pilot to contact me personally and we'll find a spot for you on our beta test teams beginning today:-)The contact email is support@eaglesoftdg.com

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>Scoob, I wasn't going to comment but you've included us in>this thread so I'll try to be brief.>>While it is true that devs have the right to limit beta>testers it seems to me that whoever decided to leave the RW>Pilot out missed the boat.>>Let this be a public request for that pilot to contact me>personally and we'll find a spot for you on our beta test>teams beginning today:-)>>The contact email is support@eaglesoftdg.comThat's the spirit! Go EAGLESOFT, guys! :)

Guest davidvoogd

A dev team has the right to choose who is on the team sure, but it seems common sense that if you can recruit someone with time on the real thing you would unless you already had one. That said there's a big difference between just a regular real world pilot with no flightsim time and no understanding of the sim's limitations and abilities and a real pilot that has flightsim experience and knows what it can and cannot do.For example - one time when I was in Aviation World at Toronto some real world Lufthansa pilots were blown away by the "realism" of the default FSX 747 cockpit and systems - without knowing there are things like the PMDG they have no expectations of what the sim can actually do.Anyhow the download system is working again - my install file is sitting on my desktop at home waiting for me when I'm done work.

>>Why on earth would they turn down someone who actually has>>seat time in the darn bird?>>developers have the right to choose whom they wish to be on>the beta team ... this includes those with or without>experience in the real-world aircraft. PMDG, levelD,>eaglesoft, airlinerXP, airsimmer, dreamfleet, cooksky etc. all>limit whom have access during development.>>>-->edit: typo>--I think you need to stick to product support, Scoob.... because when it comes to public relations, you're a disaster.From your statement, you've basically just told the paying public that you (FeelThere) don't give a hoot about realism or accuracy. By excluding a real-world E170 pilot who could have lent more realism to the product, it has been implied that Feelthere did not wish to have an experienced voice in the process...As I said... you should really stick to product support and leave the PR to someone who knows what damage control is all about.

Guest B52Drivr

Hello all, Well, a friend has bought this, and I went over to play with it last night . . . whew, much manual reading, but thats ok. However, I have one question. I guess we have to memorize the front panel, as there doesn't seem tobe any lighting on the front top below the glare shield . . . is it my friends system or can anyone else read or decipher the hdg, ap, app, and such switches? I sure can't.best, Clayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

>Why on earth would they turn down someone who actually has>seat time in the darn bird?Because wilco is rather interesting in making money than in producing an addon similar to Level-D or PMDG type and shape. ;)

Guest ERJ170Driver

>A dev team has the right to choose who is on the team sure,>but it seems common sense that if you can recruit someone with>time on the real thing you would unless you already had one.>That said there's a big difference between just a regular real>world pilot with no flightsim time and no understanding of the>sim's limitations and abilities and a real pilot that has>flightsim experience and knows what it can and cannot do.>>For example - one time when I was in Aviation World at Toronto>some real world Lufthansa pilots were blown away by the>"realism" of the default FSX 747 cockpit and systems - without>knowing there are things like the PMDG they have no>expectations of what the sim can actually do.>>>Anyhow the download system is working again - my install file>is sitting on my desktop at home waiting for me when I'm done>work.I need to retort to this.Ron from Eaglesoft, please check your email sir!As far as me knowing what flight sim can can't do, well pc and networking support is what I did before becoming an line pilot for Shuttle America.I have a 4 year degree in aircraft systems management, and double associates in networking and pc support.I got out of aviation in 01' and worked in IT for a few years. I've been a very active flight simmer and actively used it as a teaching aid when working with flight students when I was instructing part time.I also attribute my flight simming for brushing up my skills before going to the simulator for my interview at Shuttle America. I nailed my sim ride during my interview. Because I constantly rehearsed appraches and random instrument failures!!!Yes, I am very aware of flight sims limitations. BUT THE WAY THE FPV AND FD ACT ON THIS VERSION OF E-JET IS CRAP! And I know it's possible to do it right because I've seen it done correctly on Eaglesofts Cirrus. All it is is a simple Command Bar and Guidance animation!I can live without VNAV if it can't be done. But to say pilot's don't use it is total horse manure!!!!!And "Fred" at Wilco, after he turned me down to beta test, asked my opinion if their software could be condisered "pro trainer" quality. My response was yes and no, but they would have to be sure the basic aircraft systems are emulated correctly. As of right now on the E-Jets, they are not!Watch my vides so you can see how the FPV and FD bug's should act.http://www.youtube.com/user/ERJ170DriverI know they are grainy, I will gladly send ANY developer these videos on HIGH-DEF DVD, because thats how they will filmed. The quality was reduced for youtube.

Logan, thanks for the email. We can certainly use someone of your calibre and look forward to working with you.Check your email as well:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>>A dev team has the right to choose who is on the team sure,>>but it seems common sense that if you can recruit someone>with>>time on the real thing you would unless you already had one.>>That said there's a big difference between just a regular>real>>world pilot with no flightsim time and no understanding of>the>>sim's limitations and abilities and a real pilot that has>>flightsim experience and knows what it can and cannot do.>>>>For example - one time when I was in Aviation World at>Toronto>>some real world Lufthansa pilots were blown away by the>>"realism" of the default FSX 747 cockpit and systems ->without>>knowing there are things like the PMDG they have no>>expectations of what the sim can actually do.>>>>>>Anyhow the download system is working again - my install>file>>is sitting on my desktop at home waiting for me when I'm>done>>work.>>>I need to retort to this.>Sorry, I dont' think you need to retort to that, unless you took it all wrong. Pls read again, no one called your r/l and simulatin skills in question there. :)(otherwise I took that wrong myself, sorry then, you were right).

Guest davidvoogd

Quote:>As far as me knowing what flight sim can can't do, well pc and>networking support is what I did before becoming an line pilot>for Shuttle America.>>I have a 4 year degree in aircraft systems management, and>double associates in networking and pc support.>>I got out of aviation in 01' and worked in IT for a few years.> I've been a very active flight simmer and actively used it as>a teaching aid when working with flight students when I was>instructing part time.>>I also attribute my flight simming for brushing up my skills>before going to the simulator for my interview at Shuttle>America. I nailed my sim ride during my interview. Because I>constantly rehearsed appraches and random instrument>failures!!!>>Yes, I am very aware of flight sims limitations. BUT THE WAY>THE FPV AND FD ACT ON THIS VERSION OF E-JET IS CRAP! And I>know it's possible to do it right because I've seen it done>correctly on Eaglesofts Cirrus. All it is is a simple Command>Bar and Guidance animation!>>I can live without VNAV if it can't be done. But to say>pilot's don't use it is total horse manure!!!!!>>And "Fred" at Wilco, after he turned me down to beta test,>asked my opinion if their software could be condisered "pro>trainer" quality. My response was yes and no, but they would>have to be sure the basic aircraft systems are emulated>correctly. As of right now on the E-Jets, they are not!>>Watch my vides so you can see how the FPV and FD bug's should>act.>http://www.youtube.com/user/ERJ170Driver>>I know they are grainy, I will gladly send ANY developer these>videos on HIGH-DEF DVD, because thats how they will filmed. >The quality was reduced for youtube.Sorry I should have made myself clear in my post that those comments were in no way directed at you. I was just making a general statement since many commercial developers will list addons as being "tested by real pilots", which as I describe in my statement doesn't necessarily mean too much if those pilots doing the testing don't have flightsim experience. Sorry for any confusion.

Guest davidvoogd

Oh and I installed and tried it out at break - looks pretty decent so far, just needs the bugs ironed out - I love those MFD's btw, esp since the mouse clicks control it. ERJ170Driver how do you control those screens in the real plane? Are they touchscreen or controlled via a trackball or something? Thanks for the link to your Youtube channel, I'll be sure to check that out :)

Guest mikealpha

>> control those screens in the real plane? Are they touchscreen or controlled via a trackball or something?The two units below the FMC control them. They area called CCD = Cursor Control Device. A touch pad is used to move the cursor.Mike

Guest ERJ170Driver

>Oh and I installed and tried it out at break - looks pretty>decent so far, just needs the bugs ironed out - I love those>MFD's btw, esp since the mouse clicks control it, ERJ170Driver>how do you control those screens in the real plane? Are they>touchscreen or controlled via a trackball or something?Dave, To control the MFD we have a mousepad for each pilot, like a laptop mousepad. With two click buttons on each side, for lefty's and righty's to select which menu we want.This video should clear some of that up : )http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1VfjuHAssA