Sign in to follow this  
thepilot

Wilco E-Jets released

Guest UlfB

>Nope, wouldn't touch it with a 10 meter pole! :-lol>>Mike T.Maybe you'll regret that statement. Might end up as a very good aircraft, just like the PMDG 747 and LevelD finally did ;-)ULf B

I might, I just might...oh wait, Wilco Publishing, never mind, I won't! :-lolQuite frankly it is sacreligious to mention PMDG and LevelD in the same breath as Wilco / Feelthere. No, the PMDG and Level D offerings weren't perfect at first but they evolved into works of art, against which all other aircraft are measured. Wilco / Feelthere pumps out aircraft, half baked, half hearted and half tested every few months and they have become the poster children for "quality is more desirable than quantity". Wilco, like Sub-Lieutenant Sim (he got a demotion), have enourmous talent, but just can't seem to get over the hump to release groundbreaking products. To steal a quote from "A Knight's Tale". "Sir Wilco, you have been measured, you have been weighed, and you have been found wanting". :-lol.Willing to bet a beer in the winners place of choice on that regret thingie? :-)Warmest regards,Mike T.

>poster children for "quality is more desirable than quantity".> meant that the other way no? :-hah RegardsMark

Regards,

Mark

I would agree with you insofar as Wilco's involvement is concerned, not at all impressed. Never have been. They should never have made the outlandish claims about the 'PIC' brand that they did prior to the Airbus release.In saying that, let's not forget that the same development group bought us the 737PIC and the ERJ/Legacy, both of which matured fairly quickly into respectable 2nd tier offerings. (1st tier being those rare releases with failures modelled and a high level of immersion thanks to sound, VC modelling, etc)It has been stated that the feelthere team consists of a number of teams of developers, not everyone works on all aircraft.Based on the fact that the Legacy is among my favourite aircraft to fly, I'm more than prepared to give the E-Jet a fair hearing. Sure I don't expect it to be 1st tier, but I can live with that. I suspect if more people could live with it, we'd all be a lot happier!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Mark:And that's what has my head scratching! The 737PIC and the ERJ PIC are solid releases. I have them both and they are really good products even now. I would have thought that from that standpoint they would have taken the newest aircraft to a stratosphereic level, but instead they pulled the throttles back and performed a very good impression of "controlled flight into terrain" :-)Anothing thing that get's my goat is affixing the hallowed PIC moniker to their latest batch of "products" When most who are in the know think of the "PIC" they think back to the groundbreaking 767 PIC...Wilco has since made the PIC name pretty worthless.

Glad to see we're 'on the same page' in many respects Mike!The E-Jet is apparently the work of the same team that did the ERJ and Legacy, which gives me hope of at least a similar standard of add-on. There have been suggestions that this is their most complex work yet, so there is some hope of an evolution as well.Tell you what, I'll have the thing on my machine in about 6 or 7 hours, and I'll report back here once I've had a chance to fly. if I'm disappointed, then I'll owe YOU a beer. :-)

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

>I wonder why so obvious problems like maintaining altitude>are not fixed before a release. >Seems like they didn't spend too much attention to their beta>testers (if they had any...)This is a problem with most of their past releases. They (he?) never took the time to fix FDE/Autopilot.

>Glad to see we're 'on the same page' in many respects Mike!>>The E-Jet is apparently the work of the same team that did the>ERJ and Legacy, which gives me hope of at least a similar>standard of add-on. There have been suggestions that this is>their most complex work yet, so there is some hope of an>evolution as well.>>Tell you what, I'll have the thing on my machine in about 6 or>7 hours, and I'll report back here once I've had a chance to>fly. if I'm disappointed, then I'll owe YOU a beer. :-)ERJ, Legacy, CitationX still have quite similar FDE/Autopilot behavior and they all tend to overshoot/fail in the same configs the same way (with no autothrottle though). But they are all still fun to fly, I'm just curious if anyone tried to modify the air files for any of those?Thanks.

Guest UlfB

>ERJ, Legacy, CitationX still have quite similar FDE/Autopilot>behavior and they all tend to overshoot/fail in the same>configs the same way (with no autothrottle though). But they>are all still fun to fly, I'm just curious if anyone tried to>modify the air files for any of those?>>Thanks.Yeah, like Bob Scott did for the PSS A-330 and 340 models. That would be nice if somebody could make the feelThere E-170 more stable during descents.Ulf B

Ok, thanks everyone for your feedback.I have a few more questions before I buy the product.I would appreciate if someone who has it could answer them briefly.So, apart from the FDE and FPS that have been evaluated above:1.Did anyone try to switch ND into VOR display during approach?I'm asking since Airbus used to have a CTD problem in such case.2.Does the E-Jet series use the standard FeelThere AIRAC series?3.Is there a menu option to choose the Cold&Dark startup?4.Is there a key assignment menu (especially for the AP inputs)?5.Is there a choice (in the aircraft menu) of the VC and non-VC versions?6.Does the non-VC (if existent) version have wingviews?7.If so, can you see lights on them (strobes, navs)?8. Is the wing flex modelled?9. Can the front/back pax and cargo doors be opened seperately?10.Is it worth to pay extra for the deluxe package?Thanks in advance.Best regards,Rafal

All the above plus:- Does it have the autoland and is it properly simulated then? :)

Guest ERJ170Driver

As a current ERJ-170 FO for Shuttle America out of ORD, I was looking forward to this very much.So much I gave them tons of materials for them to reference (AOM, POH, etc.) I also offered to help beta test.They said, "don't send us large attachements again.....we have all the beta testers we need...". Those attachements were only 10 megs each, what kind of software developer can't handle a 10 meg email?!?Well anyways, they obviously needed more beta tester.I downloaded this last night very excited and was very disapointed.The biggest bug, which I havent seen mentioned yet is the stupid flight director and flight path vector indicator.The green flight patch vector indicator in the real plane banks and moves with the airplane. It's a indicatation of where the airplane is moving in relation to the horizon. Wilco's stays put right on the horizon, but does move vertically.The FPV needs to bank...which leads me to the next big problem.The pink flight director. For example, when you command a right turn 30 degrees right, the pink diamond will bank and move to the right in the real airplane. Commanding, you, the pilot, to steer the green FPV on top of the pink diamond and match it's bank. BUT!!!! On wilco's version, the pink dot moves right, but BANKS LEFT!!! Seriosuly guys, thats a major flaw I noticed after 5 mins.Also, the EICAS decluttering is a major issue for me. The only way to see if you have three down and green is move the flaps from up to 1. Then the EICAS will clutter. There are times in real life where you want to throw out the gear before flaps 1.Also, when the aircraft starts up, you should have the fuel pumps set to auto...but when you look at your fuel status page, it shows the AC fuel pumps to be on. NOT TRUE...when the engines are running, they motive flow pumps are operating and system logic will turn of the AC fuel pumps.VNAV is very buggy. You can't put in speed and crossing resrtictions at certain fixes. And if you do, it doesn't intercept the VPATH at all.Ok, rant over...other than those issues, she looks hot!

Guest UlfB

Hi, this is what I know about my FSX Embraer.>1.Did anyone try to switch ND into VOR display during>approach?>I'm asking since Airbus used to have a CTD problem in such>case.I'm not sure what you mean.>2.Does the E-Jet series use the standard FeelThere AIRAC>series?There is a nd.mdb in the folder Nd. I suppose that this is the navigation database. I have no idea if it's standard or not.>3.Is there a menu option to choose the Cold&Dark startup?Yes, in the configurator utility.>4.Is there a key assignment menu (especially for the AP>inputs)?Yes, in the configurator utility.>5.Is there a choice (in the aircraft menu) of the VC and>non-VC versions?No.>6.Does the non-VC (if existent) version have wingviews?N/A>7.If so, can you see lights on them (strobes, navs)?There is a wingview from a passenger seat. But the wings seems to be of some kind of stealth typ. No reflections of any kind on them.>8. Is the wing flex modelled?No.>9. Can the front/back pax and cargo doors be opened>seperately?Both both passenger doors open at the same time. Both cargo doors open at the same time. But the passenger doors open up independently from the cargo doors.>10.Is it worth to pay extra for the deluxe package?I didn't think so, but depends on what liveries you want.Edited: I forgot a nice feature:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/190490.jpgUlf B

Good lord... she use an auto wax buffer on her face??? *gulp!*

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69