Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

Object Maker Program

I have not tried it yet but have a couple of thoughts to share.1. Presently the program only works with "flat" polygons but the ability to work with curved surfaces is to be added in a future update. That is why objects such as cars tend to look "boxy". This info comes from their support forum.2. Since it is marketed using a Flight1 wrapper, there is a 30 day money back guarantee - no questions asked. Can't do much better than that!3. Future updates will be at no charge to registered users. See the support forum for the exact details.Check out the Manual - a pdf format presentation which you can save and review at your leisure. It explains how the program works and shows how a couple of sample objects are made.I plan to purchase in the near future and a couple of my regular contacts already have - but I have not had any feedback from them as yet.If anyone else wants to check it out, the link is:http://flightsimtools.com/iom/Hope this is helpful.

Thanks for the feedback David. For it's price, I think I'll go ahead and buy it. I already have it downloaded. I can ride around town on my Harley and check an objects location with my Harley's GPS. Jerrycwo4

Hi Opa,>I plan to purchase in the near future and a couple of my>regular contacts already have - but I have not had any>feedback from them as yet.I'd be interested in knowing if these are folks who have already learned to make objects using Gmax or FS Design Studio, or if Instant Object Maker will be their first venture into object designing. What about youself?

To my knowledge neither has used either of the two programs you mentioned.As for me, at my age you can't teach an old dog new tricks so I have never learned how to use them either.I just have great fun using the Instant Scenery program which I much prefer over the EZ program. (I do have both).When I get some feedback I will share what they think - good or bad.

Instant Object Maker seems obvously aimed at the first time object designer. I think they've come up with a clever approach and hope they're able to expand on it. The more scenery objects there are to use, the better. :D I also prefer Instant Scenery and switched over to that from EZ-Scenery. I also find that Flight1's AFX has a number of significant advantages over AFCAD, so I've been using that too. I haven't tried Jon Masterson's ADE yet; that also looks like a big improvement over AFCAD. Sidney Schwartz KPDX