Sign in to follow this  
christiaan

Registry repair for missing airports in afcad

Like other people I am having a problem since removing FSX. The airports list in Afcad,is blank,( reason FS path not found)I get a message that I can browse to find the path & make a pointer. I looked up FS9.EXE via the search program, found a lot of temp. files & one fs9 file with an aircraft icon, which is in the Flight.Sim 9 map along with all the other files such as Scenery, aircrafts etc.This file is a "toepassing" file as I am in Holland, which roughly transalated means application. There is no .EXE. as for as I can see.Is this the right file to click when I brouwse the repair tool as I do not want to mess up the FS2004.I have downloaded the Flight1 repair tool, I browsed to the path D(apart HD for my FS)Program files/ Microsoft Games/ Flight simulator 9.Sorry abour the long questionRegardsChristiaan

Christiaan,There is no other file called 'fs9' in the main fs9 directory so yes that should be it. fyi - unhide file extensions by opening any folder, then go tools>folder optios>view and uncheck 'hide extensions for known file types.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Click on My Computer, then select Tools from the menu at the top of your screen, then select Folder Options.Then click on the View tab.Scroll down to the entry which says Hide extensions for known file types and be sure that box is UN checked.Hit OK.That will allow extensions such as exe to be displayed along with the filename when you are searching.You should then be able to navigate and reset the path to FS2004 which Afcad apparently cannot presently find.Hope this helps.

Thanks Mark and Opa David for your advice, and also to Flight1 for their registry restore tool,Afcad airports are now back.Best regards Christiaan