Sign in to follow this  
Guest belga1

Visual Germany Project v1.0

Guest belga1

Hi,This is photo scenery for all Germany and also the autogen for all Germany.The autogen files came in separately download for each regions provided.The file manager provided allow to load the photo scenery or the autogen separately.It's also possible to declare or not the scenery in the scenery.cfg.Cheers.

Guest neslesman

I would like to take a look at it but can't seem to be able to download it from the library.I've got the huge Netherlands2000 photo scenery installed and really enjoy it immensely so Germany with it's elevation changes should be great. Does anyone know how it works with the many Aerosoft German sceneries?

Hi guys,frankly, I was very surprised to see the file package re-uploaded in the first place because this ain't small potatoes. The authors freely admit that they didn't acquire proper licensing for the imagery yet their project covers ~350,000 sq km. If you visit the websites of the companies that license high-res imagery like IKONOS or QUICKBIRD, e.g., http://www.satimagingcorp.com/pricing.html you'll find that they charge about US$12-20 per sq km! (I knew because we recently paid >$1000 for 50 sq km of Alaskan imagery). Thus, even if you factor in bulk pricing for large volumes we're talking hundreds of thousands of Dollars of fees they decided to ignore; and it doesn't matter at all whether the end use is commercial or non-profit unless it's made part of the initial negotiations.One has to be either very reckless or very naive to assume that no one will take notice of this level of copyright infringement be it the copyright owners themselves or some free-roaming litigation lawyer. Even if we don't care about what happens to those guys there still could be repercussions for the entire add-on community including AVSIM once someone has us in their gunsights. IMO, that "project" is NOT a service to this community, it's the very opposite!Cheers, Holger

Guest belga1

Hi,IMO, that "project" is NOT a service to this community, it's the very opposite!Again .. I will be the devil advocate .. but I dunno if the creation of this scenery was make as a "service to this community" target.It's just a creation made by some good devellopers and they want to share their works with others who like use it despite some laws infrigtments.Nobody is entitled or forced to use it if they feel culprit(legit feeling) to use some controversial material regard to copyright laws.But knowing the strict Avsim policy concerning such material .. I was astonished it was released on Avsim ... deleted .. and released again .. and deleted again....One step forward .. two steps backward ... it's a strange dance movement :)Cheers.

>It's just a creation made by some good devellopers and they>want to share their works with others who like use it despite>some laws infrigtments.Without proper licensing, shouldn't this text something read like this?It's just a(n unlawful) creation made by some good devellopers and they want to share their (unlawful) works with others who like use it despite some laws (unlawful) infrigtments.

Guest DaFlyinSaucer

>>It's just a creation made by some good devellopers and they>>want to share their works with others who like use it despite>>some laws infrigtments.>>>Without proper licensing, shouldn't this text something read like this?>>It's just a(n unlawful) creation made by some good devellopers and they>want to share their (unlawful) works with others who like use it >despite some laws (unlawful) infrigtments.Yeah! It's a cruel world, isn't it?But the horror is over! :-bluegrab

Yeah, well, some further information came to light that we were unaware of the second time that we allowed the upload. Upon seeing that further information, we decided to pull it (again). And now it will not be further accepted by us. Others may wish to shoulder the risk, including RapidShare, but we won't.

Thanks for the clear and concise explanation as to why the file has been pulled.I wish there was a way for the library managers to post a simple reason such as "at request of the author" - perhaps in the Library forum - whenever it is deemed necessary to remove a file.Many times a file just "dissapears" and we have no way to determine the basic reason.Food for thought?

>a creation made by some good devellopers and they want to share >their works with others who like use it despite some laws >infrigtments.Some law infringements? ******* Tapdancing Christ! Are you really that naive or just oblivious to the fact that copyright infringement of this magnitude is not a peanut violation?

Guest belga1

Hi,copyright infringement of this magnitude is not a peanut violation?LOL..Magnitude and peanuts (unless you fake a trademark peanuts brand :) ) have nothing to do with copyright infrigement.Any copyright infrigement is a law violation Cheers.

>Any copyright infrigement is a law violation True. But depending on the scale it's about as bad as driving above the speedlimit. That's a law violation as well but 80% of all the drivers seem to be always at least 15 kph too fast.If you illegally copy a sheet of music for private use, then the damage is about as high as steeling a bag of peanuts.If you ignore copyright fees of thousands of euro or dollar then you commited a crime equivavalent to grand theft auto.A car is not a bag of peanuts. ;)

Guest avolkers

can anybody send the password to avolkers@hotmail.com?Maybe i'm foolish but i couldn't find the password to unzip.

Guest avolkers

Indeed it seems to, like it is illegal. So forget the request above and let living go on without VGP. That 's all.