Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

DA Piper Cheyenne IIXL - a nightmare!

I must be doing something wrong, because this usually gets good reviews, but when in the VC - when I click on certain switches, it sits there and flickers back and forth real fast - things like lights, autopilot on/off, just completely unflyable!any ideas?thanksbsciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Hi BrianMake sure you load the default Cessna before you load the Cheyenne. I've had the same problem as well, and this cured it for me. Sometimes this addon seems a bit 'fragile' to me if you know what I mean, but once it's loaded it's all good!Another thing I did was replace the Trimble GPS with the Reality-XP GNS430 (not the new 'W' model), the Trimble is a little too prone to crashing FS9 for my liking. Just for kicks, I also replaced all the gauges with RXP stuff, and also replaced the weather radar and installed the ST3400. Might replace the 430 with the 530 yet, if I can find space for it. My Cheyenne might just be the flashest late 70's Piper twin you'll see! :D

The advice to load the default Cessna first before the Cheyenne is absolulutely correct. This is of course the case with many other payware products also.If you are loading the Cheyenne cold & dark then you should put the Cessna in that state before switching aircraft.Another simple but essential rule is to load the Cheyenne from the Cessna 2D panel, not from the VC or any other view. Again, this is a common requirement for payware aircraft.This should stop the switches flicking - I get this if I don't load the Cheyenne properly but never experience it if I follow the above rules. I have NOT modified the panel in any way.As far as I'm concerned, you are welcome to ask questions here. However, there is a decent forum on the Digital Aviation sitehttp://digital-aviation.de/forum/viewforum.php?f=55

ngxu_banner.png

what I did, was to load from the cessna 2d panel, and then the piper, then I saved it, - I will try again and then just fly it right away.thanksciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Hmmmm well you can try that but as I understand it, the advice with this and many other payware packages is NOT to use saved flights but to load the default Cessna from the Create Flight option each time go to the 2D panel and then load from there.After all, it's only a few extra seconds.

ngxu_banner.png