Sign in to follow this  
Guest J154M

FS9 Never Ending Problems with blank screen!

Guest J154M

Hi Guys,I'm Jamie and I'm fairly new this forum.I love FS2004 alot but when this problem keeps coming up, I get overly frustrated as there doesn't seem a way of solving it! Here it is:neverendingerrorcj4.jpgBlank screens are very frustrating, espically when your flying and you lose your progress!I've contacted Microsoft and Inno3D (My GFX Manufacturer) about this problem and they still don't know, I'm waiting on Microsoft getting back to me on this.Does anyone know how to fix this, I've done pretty much everything you can do eg: Adjusting settings, adjusting GFX settings, checking websites for advice.The problem occurs when I go into flight planner, multi-task while FS is on, changing weather and traffic settings. The game then stops responding and I get very frustrated! Hope you can help guys,Best Regards,J.Byrne.

Post your complete system specs and perhaps that will provide a clue.

Guest J154M

GPU: GE Force 8800GTS PCIProcessor: AMD Dual Core Opteron 185 2.61GHzMonitor: LG M228WA 22" monitorHard Drive: Maxtor STM3250310AS Hard Drive 250GB 7200rpmCD/DVD: Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-112DRAM: 1GB XP 4000 RedlineThank you

A couple of basic questions:1. Are you experiencing any issues with any other program on your system - word processing and/or anything which deals with graphics or are the issues solely with FS2004?2. Is your Operating System XP or Vista? (forgive me if you have already answered that)3. What version of FS2004 are you running? Ver 9 or have you updated it to 9.1 ?4. What have you added (if anything) in the way of aircraft. scenery enhacements or ???? or are you running the default setup as it came out of the box?5. Did the issues just start or has it been this way ever since you installed FS2004?

Guest J154M

1. Just the problems with FS20042. XP3. Update to 9.14. I have alot of POSKY, Meljet, IFDG, AI aircraft. I've also installed scenery add-ons for the USA, UK etc.5. This has been happening for 7 months now, my FS2004 disk 4 is pretty scratched so I'm not sure if that is the problem.I rencently went to the PC shop to get an analysis and the PC is fine, I was worried about the GPU but the technician said its fine, no issues. I'm not sure if the 8800GTS has any known issues?I remember I used to have the 6600GT and that had alot of issues!Cheers,Jamie.

Guest RichUK

Maybe stupid questions..Have you tried different graphics card drivers?Does this problem happen in both full screen and windowed mode?Rich.

>1. Just the problems with FS2004>>2. XP>>3. Update to 9.1>>4. I have alot of POSKY, Meljet, IFDG, AI aircraft. I've also>installed scenery add-ons for the USA, UK etc.>>5. This has been happening for 7 months now, my FS2004 disk 4>is pretty scratched so I'm not sure if that is the problem.>>I rencently went to the PC shop to get an analysis and the PC>is fine, I was worried about the GPU but the technician said>its fine, no issues. I'm not sure if the 8800GTS has any known>issues?>>I remember I used to have the 6600GT and that had alot of>issues!>>Cheers,>>Jamie.The disk 4 "scratches" should not be a factor as it is not accessed once the sim has booted - in fact you can remove it then - until next time.Assuming you disabled your FS9.cfg file (nenamed it or moved it elsewhere) and allowed FS2004 to rebuild it after you installed you new graphics card (so FS is indeed "seeing" your new card), there are a couple of ways to try to try diagnose the problems.There have been a number of similiar posts and if memory serves, the problem was usually finally narrowed down to a faulty texture or two - often in an AI aircraft.You might want to temporarily remove all AI aircraft (Copy them elsewhere) and run the sim for awhile to see if the problem still occurs. If it seems alright, add AI stuff back in, a few at a time, until the problem occurs again. You might have to temporarily remove all flyable aircraft which you have added as if it is a texture problem, it could be with one of them - but I would be more inclined to suspect AI as they would be in use more often.Prior to doing any of that however, you might also turn all AI off and run some tests. The same procedure would hold true if the problem is rooted in scenery (a bad texture). Disable all but the required entries, check and then start reenabling.Tedious but perhaps worth a try.

Guest J154M

Thank you guys gor your help,Ai was fine and deleted them temporarily then added them back as well as scenery, everything ran smooth. So I slowly added the scenery one by one until it happened again, the suspect was the EGPK scenery by Scotflight which was causing all the problems so I deleted it as I don't fly much into Prestwick.Thanks guys though one more problem, I just installed FDSFX and I like to play music on the sim, when the music was playing I went to fuel and payload to change Pax load and the game unexpectedly quitted. Any ideas why and how to solve this problem?Cheers,Jamie.

Guest J154M

Well everything was going really well, FS felt reliable and satisfying to use at last until this happened.I was re-sizing the screen from full to medium, checked the net then came off it and then resized the screen from medium to full screen, the screen went blank and the cursor was flashing the clock and arrow simultanously! So I went into Aircraft to see if it would stop it but it didn't happen. Here is the image, any ideas?error1xo9.jpg

Guest J154M

Anybody know why my screen blacks out when I resize FS from minimum to full screen?

You are going to have to qualify your video card and settings. You can turn down some of the settings in your video card setup. Set your card for performance not quality.Experiment with those.If that doesn't work, change video drivers. go backwards. try different sets of drivers.If that doesn't work, turn down the AGP acceleration slider.Then try a different card. If I were you i'd invest in a cheap card, say 50.00 and then try that. I'd try an ATI card so you really eliminate the Nvidia drivers.Your problem lies in configuration. Either your video card settings dont agree with FS, or your vid card doesnt agree with your system specs. WITH REGARD TO FS that is. Sorry, but its just a fact. Some stuff just doesn't work together with respect to FS. good luck and make sure to post back when you fix it so that someone else may learn.