Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

No Traffic at Blueprint's KMEM on Landing; Tons at Star...

Would Ultimate Traffic solve this problem?Yesterday I landed for the first time at Blueprint Simulations KMEM 11:30AM local and, although there were planes occupying the airspace around the airport, there was a total of 2 a/c actually parked there -- FedEx or UPS, I believe, over at the cargo area only. But there was no other aircraft parked at any of the terminals -- absolutely none. After ending the flight and rebooting, I restarted at KMEM for the return to KMIA ABOUT 9:30am local and, lo and behold the airport was packed! Almost every gate was full with Northwest, USAir, etc. aircraft, just as I would think it should be. Key points: I'm running FSReal Time, AISmooth and Radar Contact v4.3.I'm running the AI slider set to 90% and I'm using World-of-AI exclusively, have removed my default traffic bgl, and have at least 90% of WOAIs US schedules installed and love their work, with much gratitude to everyone involved with those packages, but now I'm thinking it's time to invest in something like Ultimate Traffic, which might be a little more smooth in flight allocation -- I really don't care about totally realistic flight schedules -- I just want busy airports on arrival when running 90% AI.I don't think this is a problem with the scenery, but more of a general AI question so I thought I'd ask here before submitting a customer service ticket over at Blueprint Simulations.

Did you get the gate numbering fix for KMEM?I have no idea if will improve the traffic or not but might ne worth checking.http://www.blueprintsimulations.com/BluePr...e_numbering_fixMost of the major carrier serve Memphis so if you have a good selection of WOAI packages you should see considerable activity there.Have you tried differing times of the day?

>>Did you get the gate numbering fix for KMEM?Yup, Opa, I installed it right after purchase and initial installation, so it's in there.>>Have you tried differing times of the day?Just the two I mention in my OP -- which are really only a couple of hours apart.I've never landed at a commercial airport and there was nobody there. I thought maybe AISmooth or RC was keeping them away, because when I started the flight at KMEM just a few minutes later the gates were mobbed with a/c.

I have noticed this at KMEM. I too am using WOI's Northwest traffic. You would think that since this was a hub for them, it would be packed. But I have found at certain times of the day, it is as you describe. It's probably in the schedules. The other thing I found with their AFCAD is that the whole A, B, & part of the C concourses for Northwest are setup as NWA. In r/l, the A, and Northwest's gates of the C concourse are for Northwest Airlink, or NWAX. If you don't reassign the A & C gates to NWAX, the Saab 340's & CRJ's will park at other gates. Once I reassigned these gates to NWAX and reduced the radius to match the commuters, all a/c now park in the correct spots. The B gates get NWA's main fleet, and the A & C's get the Airlink (which there are now plenty of.Hope this helps!Rick

I don't have any experience whatsoever with tweaking AI schedules. Would it be worth doing so to "smooth out" the WOAI schedules over the course of the day? From what I've read it's a a bit of a chore to find appropriate software, decompile, tweak, recompile etc., and I don't even know if it can be done on a "complete package" like those put out by WOAI . . .

I just did a search on adjust schedules WOAI and found an interesting thread over on one of those "lesser" flight sim boards. :-)Anyone ever use yRoute? << http://www.spacejock.com/yRoute.html >> Looks like it may just be my ticket!P.S. Google is our friend!

The WOI Northwest schedule is accurate to the last update. Its just Northwest's schedule.Are you seeing the CRJ's & Saabs at the A & C gates? They make up a good portion of NW's flights into KMEM. On the cargo end, most of the departures for Fedex are evening & night departures. Since NW is the main pax carrier, make sure the A & C gates are coded for NWAX, and it should be as real as it gets!Rick

I think it would be a bit of a chore to try to tweak a WOAI schedule. Most (all?) are weekly schedules so if you move one leg, you then have to adjust all the following legs. I imagine there are some RON positions that can absorb timing changes, but there still would be a bit of work.scott s..

Well, it sure was more crowded on a Monday! All seems better now -- and I made the changes suggested to designate parking at A and C for NWAX -- even though I didn't see NWA Express AI available anywhere.Thanks everybody for shedding some light on an otherwise "Twilight Zone" experience.

Northwest Airlink is available at WOI. Or was......just checked don't see it now, but it is in my SceneryWorldscenery folder with a date of 05/19/08. Perhaps they pulled it for some reason.....maybe getting ready to update it?Rick

Thanks for that link, Opa. Fortunately, I noticed last night that I do indeed have NWAirlink installed. After 2 more flights into KMEM last night it appears the population of Northwest and NWAirlink aircraft on the ground at that hub is extrememly dependent upon the time of day. Both times I landed there planes were on the ground but most were headed out, and very, very few were coming in.I installed much of my WOAI in groups, 9 and 10 packages at a time following the instructions exactly, which I'm not sure I really should have done, and then I removed my default traffic .bgl. Ever since then I've questioned whether my AI has been working correctly across the board -- at 90% it still seems very thin in the US. After landing at a completely abandonded KMEM on a Sunday in the middle of the day, I felt something just wasn't right.I think I may reinstall all my WOAI packages one at a time just to be sure.