Sign in to follow this  
panam

FS9 crashing and freezing

Since I have bought the FS9 its been running on my maching with lots of addons. Since I had to change my graphic card (Navidia GeForce 8600GT = the new graphic card) FS 9 is crashing and freezing my computer. I installed FS several times but could not solve the problem. Last weekend I have set up my computer complete new, hoping that this willsolve the problem. But no success FS still crashing and freezing my computer. I assume the problem is the new Navidia GeForce 8600GT - It run for years what could be the problem - the grapic card? Someone who could help me - and what is the best graphic card for the FSMy computer is 3 years old AMD athlon 65 Processor 3200* 1.99 GHZ 2.00 GB RAMAny support is very much appreciatedthanks for your help in advancedWerner

I am certainly no expert on Video Cards but from the reviews I have read on several reviewing sites, the 8600GT seems to be a great little card for the price.I suspect the problems you are experiencing are rooted with the Video Card's drivers.Have you updated the drivers to the latest versions? Sometimes that is a good thing and sometimes the latest drivers cause more problems - or so it seems.In any case, I would suggest updating or rolling back the drivers as a first step in trouble shooting the problem.Hope these ideas are helpful.

David thanks will try and keep you informed thanks for your support and suggestionWerner