Sign in to follow this  
Guest Reed203

E- Jets: my thoughts

Guest Reed203

Hello everyone,I usually dont post too much at Avsim but I thought the recent Wilco release warranted a response. I purchased the EJets this afternoon and although I feel it has the potential to be a great addon, but there are some major flaws that I just dont see how got through beta testing. A $50 addon just shouldnt have an autopilot that commands 45 degree bank turns at cruise altitude, let alone ever! I have looked through the Feelthere and Avsim posts on the EJet and nobody has said anything about the release of a service pack. Does anyone know if and when one will be released? I thought I would also take some time to highlight what I feel is wrong with the product but also highlight the positives as well.Negatives in no particular order:AP that commands 45 degree bank turns in LNAV mode and a buggy VNAV that descends at over 5000 FPM. This was just found in one flight, hopefully this is the extent of the problems although I have heard about Autoland difficulties.Purple FPV (think thats the name) that has wings that turn the opposite way of the turn that it is commanding.Not a good manual: An addon with this much system simulation should have a large manual that describes the systems in detail instead of just telling you what buttons to press to turn them on without any info on the systems themselves.Viewpoint in the 2D cockpit seems kind of high, although this could be completely right.Most buttons are too small to read what is on them (AP, overhead) but this could be due to my resolution.Positives:Cool load manager in the config manager and fuel planner built into the FMCGreat FMC from what I can tell after one flight, although it is a bit small. All the pages seem very well simulated.Love the different systems menus on the MFD and how it is controlled with the mouse as a CCDIncluded performance charts although the 190 is missing and some are in KGS and others are in LBSNice liveries!I dont have any experience flying an actual E Jet but the flight model seems very reaistic and stable.I really hope that a service pack is released soon because this could be a better addon then it already is. Unfortunately this addon follows the Wilco trend of a few showstopping bugs at release and lack of solid beta testing. I will still enjoy this addon with the bugs but will enjoy it even more when a service pack get released. Just thought Id share my opinion on this aircraft.Reed

Wilco's bad reputation didn't stop me from buying the E-Jets this time, simply 'cause it's the only player in this field.Knowing the history of many other of FeelThere's creations, it was clear to me that the E-Jets are no exception in terms of bad user manual and existing bugs.The development of the E-Jets is a logical step for FeelThere since they've already produced other Embraers which use the same kind of FMC and probably flight guidance logic, so most of the work was already done for them. I can only hope that FeelThere has eliminated some of the remaining bugs in the FMC.I think after a SP or two, the E-Jets will be on par with Wilco's 737 PIC which isn't perfect as well - but Wilco isn't PMDG or Level-D Sim ;-)The plane isn't overly automated

After 5 flights of 2 or more hours each I've yet to see this 45 degree bank that everyone keeps talking about. I've also had no problem with the autoland either and even posted some screenshots on their forum to show the panel state during an autoland for the non believers. There is a problem with VNAV descents on that we agree. The more I fly this plane the more I like it.

I too have yet to see the 45 degree bank, after completing a few flights. Bank goes to just below 30 degress (about 28 max I've seen). I can't comment on the VNAV descent, as I tend to use V/S for my descents.Whilst it might not be PMDG/Level D quality, I am pretty happy with my purchase.