Sign in to follow this  
onurksn

World - of - AI?

Hello all,I'd like to add decent AI aircraft to my simming experience after a while with the FS9 default package so I'm looking for a freeware user friendly, FPS friendly and as you would all guess CTD-free AI software.I've done a search in the library but I don't know if it's better to go for individual aircraft or complete packages? I just checked out World-of-AI and it seems pretty good. I'm not new to FS9 but I'm new to the AI addon issue so your advice would be very much appreciatedThank you in advance.

A great many of us use WOAI and swear by it.Their aircraft seem to be a little less prone to impact frame rates than the aircraft used in PAI packages.Try them both and judge for yourself.You can always add some of your own flights using individual AI aircraft you download also. In my opinion, the ability to have multiple traffic files is one of the best features of FS2004.It's a whole new world once you remove the default traffic file and have "real world" aircraft to keep you company in the skies.

>It's a whole new world once you remove the default traffic>file and have "real world" aircraft to keep you company in the>skies.>Thanks for your reply David, well as matter of fact that's exactly what I'm looking for, ok, FS ATC doesn't handle it perfectly but I'd like to see "real" airlines for a change.Any other opinions?

>FS ATC doesn't handle it>perfectly but I'd like to see "real" airlines for a change.Onur,WOAI is great and as real as MFS AI traffic can only be.I use most of their packages plus ones I prepare with TTools.As for the ATC, you should install EditVoicePack. That's one heck of a change!Best regards,Rafal

Thank you Rafal for your input, I guess WOAI is a winner, I checked out their website, they seem like serious dedicated simmers:-wedge I'll install it tonight, see how it goes:)

Thanks Martin,I saw your post, amazing, I'm installing it right know!!!

Ok, I've installed it and it works great2 questions:- How can I get rid of FS9 AI (except GA)?- How do I uninstall a package?TIAEDIT: Ok, question 1 is answered, all I have to do is to remove the traffic file in the scenery folder, it apparently removes the GA, well tough...I can get those from somewhere else anyway.As for question 2, do I do this via the tool that comes with the installer?

>Ok, I've installed it and it works great>>2 questions:>>- How can I get rid of FS9 AI (except GA)?>>- How do I uninstall a package?>>TIA>>EDIT: Ok, question 1 is answered, all I have to do is to>remove the traffic file in the scenery folder, it apparently>removes the GA, well tough...I can get those from somewhere>else anyway.>>As for question 2, do I do this via the tool that comes with>the installer?To disable default FS traffic, rename the large default traffic file (traffic030528.bgl) as traffic030528.bgl.Orig or traffic030528.bgl.BAKIt is in your Scenery / World / scenery folder. Renaming it using an extension which FS will not try to process will allow you restore it if needed.There are numerous GA AI packages available to replace the default AI aircraft.Use the Expert mode of the installer to see what packages you have installed and to remove any of them.

Will do, thanks for the support Opa!!

Hi there,A practical question following your remark about multiple traffic files.I thought FS9 reads only one traffic file ie Trafficxxx.bgl and therefore when using multiple AI packages one would need to combine the respective traffic bgl files of each package in one big file. However you seem to refer to "multiple" traffic files. Can you please elaborate on this issue.Best regards

Hello Michel,Before I asked the question and installed WOAI I had no idea of how the AI traffic was managed in FS9.Thanks to Opa's and other's advice my simming experience has improved considerably. This is Opa territory but I'll gladly try to explain how I think it all works.Now I'm no expert but as far I understand FS9 is capable of managing multiple trafic files, this means multiple .bgl files. In the FS9/Scenery/World folder you can find the traffic file, it's the only one with that name if you haven't got any other AI. This contains the default AI (Soar, Pacifica, Orbit, Learjet, Piper, etc). After installing new AI packages with the WOAI installer, I can see each package in that same folder thus one folder per airline.So, your big traffic file containing every AI is the World folder in the Scenery one. There is no big traffic.bgl file, at least I don't have one.That said, there must be other methods of adding and removing AI so if there is a way of modifing the traffic file I'm unaware of it.Best regards

>Hi there,>>A practical question following your remark about multiple>traffic files.>>I thought FS9 reads only one traffic file ie Trafficxxx.bgl>and therefore when using multiple AI packages one would need>to combine the respective traffic bgl files of each package in>one big file. However you seem to refer to "multiple" traffic>files. Can you please elaborate on this issue.>>Best regardsWith FS2002, there was only one Traffic file allowed and anything you added had to be combined into it.FS2004 allows mutiple Traffic files with the only stipulation being that each one must have a unique name and the word Traffic must be a part of the name.The default traffic file (with Soar, Landmark etc.) is named traffic030528.bgl and can be disabled simply by renaming it as traffic030528.bgl.ORIG or traffic030528.bgl.BAKPackages from World of AI will have Traffic files which include the name of the airline, such as:Traffic_26_WoA_American Airlines_Su05.bglTraffic_191_WoA_United Airlines_Su07.bglProject AI packages create one Traffic file named Traffic_PAI.bgl and all of their packages are combined into it.Many authors of airport enhancements will include a small traffic file in their offerrings also and will name them accordingly - such as TrafficTelluride.bgl.Usually traffic files are placed in your Scenery / World / scenery folder but they can actually be placed in any active scenery entry. The possibilities for using multiple Traffic files are almost endless.Hope this may help clarify things.

You guys are out of this world. Thanks a lot for the clarification. One confusion less thanks to you guys.Best regards

Ok,The traffic issue solved, now I'm out of parking spaces. My system can manage more AI so I'd like to add more parking spaces to my default airports.I know I can do this with AFCAD2 but, being new to AFCAD I suppose I need some directions. The questions are what AFCAD software is good, do I need an individual afcad for every single airport or can I do this with, say, Lee Swordy's AFCAD2?I only need to add parking spaces nothing else.Thanks in advance