Sign in to follow this  
onurksn

World - of - AI?

>Ok,>>The traffic issue solved, now I'm out of parking spaces. My>system can manage more AI so I'd like to add more parking>spaces to my default airports.>I know I can do this with AFCAD2 but, being new to AFCAD I>suppose I need some directions. >>The questions are what AFCAD software is good, do I need an>individual afcad for every single airport or can I do this>with, say, Lee Swordy's AFCAD2?>>I only need to add parking spaces nothing else.>>Thanks in advanceThe Afcad program should be all you need. It has an exceptionally well detailed help file so take the time to read it and learn what the program can (and cannot) do and how to do it.Every airport has it's own file (commonly called an afcad) so changes such as adding parking are done on an individual basis.Hope this helps.

Opa, thanks again for the prompt and much helpful reply, I'm getting the afcad program right now.

Can I ask a quick question about these packages, it says Summer 08 - does the ai keep running if I was to be in Autumn 08?

As I understand it, the date reference only means that is what the real world flightplans were at that time.

Sure, some of the packages are not so recent, for instance some of my current ones are winter 2007 or even earlier.Since WOAI runs the airline's real world schedule in terms of destinations, it relates to the airports you're bound to see the given airline.Well at least that's what I know.Happy landings

Guest PARADISE

I have a WoAI question for you guys. I sometimes get an error message when loading an airline using the installer that reads something like........" Error, cannot perform instalation due to interger error----file model no winglets not found "It then gives me a choice to ignore the error and continue with the install, or quit....at which time the instalation stops. If I choose ignore it will not install the airline file either.Anyone else have this occur, if so how can I get around this and complete the install?I went on the WoAI forum but didn't see anything about thisThanks in advance to any repliesJOhn

I have never seen that error.While you were at the WoAI forum did you post the question there also?

Guest PARADISE

No, not yet. I just saw this post and I remembered the problem. I have a copy of the error message at home, so I'll wait until I get there and post my question on their forum with the exact wording. I'll let you know if the answer may be of importance to other readers.BTW Opa, thanks again for the link in an earlier thread about adding default a/c as ai to fs9. I've got a nice assortment of default caravans and dc-3's flying in and out of some of my airports....

This is usually detected by the installer if there are manual additions to the WoA_XXXX_XXXXX ( fill in any aircraft here) aircraft folders.The text string in the error message is the key to solving the error, search it in the aircraft.cfg file of the aircraft reporting the problem.Usually it's an aircraft that's listed in theat specific airline package so that can narrow down your searchTom vd HorstWorld-of-AI

Guest PARADISE

Thanks Tom, that was exactly what it was. I had added a few of my own AI repaints to the WoAI models. Some Evolve and Fruitstand repaints add the model or engine type in their aircraft.cfg information.........ie- "[fltsim.x] // uses PW engine".......when I removed the "// uses PW engine" from the line everything worked fine.Thanks again and thanks for World-of AI..........you guys are the best.

Hi There,I would like to add something to my brand new WOAI experience. Is there a program you guys (experts) could recommend which can simulate the departure / arrival boards you normally see at all airports. I am looking at something which either is a stand-alone app (preferably), or eventually something which integrates FS9 in some way. Ideally the board(s) should show the carriers' flags, name, dep and arr, dep time or arr time depending of the board and status ie boarding, gate closed, departing, delayed etc and similar for arrival boards.Is there something like that available or am I totally out of this world?Best regards