Sign in to follow this  
DJ

Wilco E-Jets Questions before buying

I got no answers from their forum so I'll try here.I would like to know if they have a widescreen 2D panel, from the screenshots at Wilco it looks like it.I would also like to know if a flight can be saved during a flight, saving the panel state to complete the flight later.Are the exterior lights well simulated, with seperate logo light?Finally i would like to know it the displays can be dimmed like their PIC737 or if they dropped that function like in the Legacy.So you know, I might be picky because I mainly use LDS767 and PMDG744. I didn't really like the PIC737 (AP problems, sounds too loud) but liked the Legacy except for a few obvious but easy to fix neglected errors (flaps, livery).Thanks, and please no arguing about "it's the greatest plane in the world of it's all garbage". I'm looking for honest impressions before buying, not passionate statements.Dan

Guest Reed203

Its a decent plane but there are some pretty showstopping bugs that will hopefully be rectified. Being completely honest with you, the AP is a disaster. (Idle VNAV descents at 6000 FPM,45 degree turns in LNAV mode,Loss of up to 400 ft in turns, Autothrottle chasing the speed all over the place with engines spooling all the way up and down again to hold speed, spoiler problems, and alot of other problems.)I have to handfly the entire descent to stop from overspeeding and have to switch into heading mode when LNAV is commanding a tight turn to a waypoint so it doesnt overbank and loose altitude. If these along with some other problems are fixed in a SP then it will be a great aircraft. In regards to your other questions, all three screens can be dimmed and brightened to your hearts content. The exterior lighting also seems pretty well simulated. I dont know about widescreen support as I run a projector and a smaller LCD for the panel. I would definately purchase this addon but wait until the service pack shows up. Another thing I would like to mention is braking, but this is a positive:) I dont know if its just me but it seems like this plane has the most realistic braking action I have seen such far in any addon. It is actually possible to run this bird off the runway! You cant land halfway down a 7000 ft runway 30 kts over vref with a 10 kt tailwing and come to a stop well before the end like you can with most other FS aircraft! The thing just doesnt come to an immediate stop if you hop on the brakes, it takes a while to slow down.

Thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated. I will probably wait until the first patch and see how committed they are to fix the big and the small bugs.Too bad many buyers make the first jump to "test" the plane, your feed-back is appreciated.Dan

Guest belga1

Too bad many buyers make the first jump to "test" the plane, your feed-back is appreciated.This is silly ...lol.How you will get your so "appreciated feedback" if no many players make the first jump ?Cheers.

I don't usually respond to this kind of coments but this time it's worth it.You have to read between the lines and see the big picture. I don't need any feedback for a PMDG or a LDS product, I know the attention to detail will be there and the bugs will be fixed. For Wilco and Feelthere I find their attention to detail lacking, they shoot everywhere but keep holes in areas that are important to me but not necessarily to everyone. There are many exemple I could give but the flaps on the Legacy is a good exemple, and I would have preferred a better external model than a very accurate cabin in the 737.I have bought products in the past that I uninstalled quickly and never used again. If a simmers buys a product and gives me feedback so I don't have to spend the money I feel sorry that he had to spend the money to save me some, but his willingness to share his appretiation of the product is appretiated.Having said that I know we all have different expectations, and it's too bad that we see so much intolerance on these forums: "I love it so if you don't love it you're an idiot" kind of thing. Some love a nice cabin, wing view and loud sounds. Others like me don't care about those but prefer a good FDE and panel. Some prefer all systems modelled with a few bugs, I prefer essential systems but done accurately and bugs fixed.Cheers

Guest Reed203

Thank you for your appreciation DJ and I am glad to help out anytime. I too agree that feelthere has a lack for detail, and a knack for releasing half baked, rushed products with poor customer support. I knew what I was getting myself into buying from Wilco but I have been waiting for a decent EJET forever so I couldnt pass it up:) I also agree that these forums can get quite nasty sometimes. While I dont think Belga1 was trying to be mean, way too many people on this forum try and pick apart every single word in a post or just take things way too seriously. Flightsimming is all about fun and it seems like alot of people have forgotten that and just need to settle down.