Sign in to follow this  
Gavin

KIAD scenery

Does anyone know a good Dulles scenery they could recommend? Free or payware. I know I can google but I'd rather get the advice of a fellow simmer.Thanks!

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

I suggest waiting for ImagineSim's KIAD. Don't buy blueprint, it's crap.Regards,

Guest Reed203

Anyone seen some development photos for the imaginesim KIAD? I keep checking their website and cant find a thing.

>Anyone seen some development photos for the imaginesim KIAD?>I keep checking their website and cant find a thing.I think the development hasn't come too far as of now...

Thanks for your replies. Dave - how did you find that enhancement in the library? I did a search and found nothing. I am obviously getting more stupid as I get older :-)

Gavin Barbara

I either used Dulles or KIAD as the search criteria and limited the search to FS2004 scenery.

For some reason I could never find KIAD either here, and I thought I did my search exactly like Opa's (below), so I bought Blueprints scenery a few weeks ago and I like it. I have several of their airports and I like them for the price -- 15 bucks. Is it FlyTampa quality? No, but I didn't expect it to be at that price.

Guest zacharace

Dave's scenery is what I use, and it's excellent. I go here for all my freeware scenery: http://walhalla.mine.nu/fs2004.php. Most of it is in the AVSIM library, but it saves me all that searching ;)

>For some reason I could never find KIAD either here, and I>thought I did my search exactly like Opa's (below)Me neither and I did the same search :-) probably finger trouble on my part. I guess I'll just wait for a payware version. What would be nice would be to see those funny people moving bus things driving around. I was at KIAD a few weeks ago and was quite fascinated to be moved from one part of the airport to another in those unusual buses - or whatever they're called. Are they unique to KIAD or are they common in other US airports?

Gavin Barbara

Hello Gavin,They funny people moving bus things are called "mobile lounges". I've been in them many times, most of the times they're quite crowded. Eventually they will be replaced with a train system between terminals and a walk way. See more info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Du...ational_AirportRegards, Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library