Sign in to follow this  
thepilot

Buildings under water in San Juan, Puerto Rico

Hello guys,I noticed that some high-rise buildings in San Juan, south-western direction from the airport, are in the water.I'm using -ImagineSim's TJSJ-Gottfried Razek's Puerto Rico, all three files availableDoes anyone know a solution about this?Regards,

Probably misplaced default objects. Assuming you installed any exclusion files provided with the scenery addons you mention, you might try looking for a scenery download which fixes the shorelines and moves the buildings (maybe the following for example):http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=61921otherwise you can build exclusions using excbuilder2 if you are inclined to try your hand at scenery development.scott s..

Hi scott,thanks for your suggestion.I just tried the following.If I deactivate all sceneries in the area, the default objects are just fine.But when using Gottfried Razek's great sceneries, the objects are in the water... doesn't matter if ImagineSim's TJSJ is installed or not.I'm gonna check the tool you suggested.

Guest belga1

HiRelax ... take it with humor ... it's simply the global warming effect introduced in the addon :)Your sim is already 2.150 compliant !Cheers.

Guest Reed203

Are you using any 3rd party mesh? It could be a compatibility issue with the mesh elevation.

Marius,I think you will find that if you download and install the Puerto Rico scenery from the link up thread it will solve your problem. I did a quick check and can confirm that the default coastline does not agree with the photoscenery, so the defaults objects are misplaced:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/190755.jpgscott s..

Guest papajohn

>Probably misplaced default objects. Assuming you installed>any exclusion files provided with the scenery addons you>mention, you might try looking for a scenery download which>fixes the shorelines and moves the buildings (maybe the>following for example):>http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=61921>otherwise you can build exclusions using excbuilder2 if you>are inclined to try your hand at scenery development.>>scott s.>.>Do you know if the file referenced in the link would be needed or would work in conjunction with Ultimate Terrain for FS2004? I would also like to improve my Puerto Rico scenery but am wondering if this and Razek's files should be used along with UT & FS Genesis mesh.Thanks for ay info you can provide.papajohn

I did not look at his scenery in detail, but it should be OK. Just check around the Virgin Islands because it looks like the author wants you to deactivate 2 default scenery files (one HP9 and one HL9) and substitute his replacements. So if you see some blocky coastlines on neighboring islands it could indicate a problem.scott s..