Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightsimmernick

PSS/POSKY

Guest flightsimmernick

Hi folks, I have just got my old PSS A340/A330 out and dusted it off and want to try and use it. Having familiartised myself with the PSS A320 series cockpit things are pretty similar so seem to be doing OK. I would like however to be able to use a POSKY model with the PSS A340 panel. I have done this fine with PSS/IFDG for the 320 family and have read through many posts on this very subject across the net including this site, however I cannot find one post that gives me a good clear idea of what I need to do to merge the PSS 340 with the POSKY model? I have seen a few files on the library which I have tried to play around with and use but again dont appear to have much joy. At the moment the best result I have is getting it to work but take off is extremley difficult as the aircraft does not really want to lift off the ground (and thats with no weight). Can i just edit some part of the cfg to make this more accurate?Thanks

Nick:Since no one else has come up with anything for you I was wondering if you'd seen these threads? The second one isn't PSS, but it might get you pointed in the right direction. Also, did you post over at the POSKY forum?<< http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=search >><< http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...&topic_id=19290 >>Personally, I've never had a problem with the old alias command.

Guest flightsimmernick

Thanks for your reply, As I said I seem to have it working OK, instead of aliasing the cockpit I have copied and put itm in the POSKY panel folder which seems to work OK, except for when I try to take off no matter what weight I set I cannot get off the runway. Not sure if I need to do something else?If you have just aliased the cockpit without any problems, what FDE and air file are you using? Have you edited the aircraft.cfg at all?Thanks again

Gary:I don't use the POSKY airbus series -- I have the Overlands -- but my experience with what appears to be POSKY's most problematic model, the 757, showed that I actually had to go in to the aircraft.cfg file and modify the stations so that they were all 0s and then drop the empty weight value by 20,000 pounds -- POSKY has been known to preload the plane to simulate the weight of fuel, passengers and luggage, but not always. The 757 was 108% overweight with no one on board and the tanks only 65% full!I'm assuming you've got flaps set to 1 or 2. Also, I seem to remember that if I tried arming the autopilot BEFORE takeoff the trim would constantly adjust and I could never take off. Does that panel have a trimwheel? Does it spin when you're on the ground? Did you happen to test your controls with the new panel installed that before takeoff and visually determine via a brief switch to outside view that your rudder and aelerons are reacting to your control commands? How about hitting the num-5 button several times too during taxi, just to make sure all your surfaces are set to 0.

Guest flightsimmernick

Thanks for that!That did the trick, thanks again!Thinking along tyhe same lines, I have the IFDG A319 merged with the PSS 320 panel and thats all OK except for the 319 tends to be very jumpy and active when trying to taxi. the slightest touch of the controls and the aircraft tears in the direction. Also when released brakes and no power applyed it just roles. Just thinking about it do you think that the same principal could be applied for this one?just after an opionion really but probably give it ago anyway. Cheers again

Absolutely! Make it heavier though.Just don't tell the purists -- they'll lambaste you for not running with the letter-correct FDEs! :-lol

For what it's worth... Alias the PSS AB panel and sound. Use the PSS .air file and aircraft.cfg. Modify the PSS cfg file with the lights and contact points from the POS file; if the static height of the POS plane is way different from the PSS plane substitute the value into the cfg file as well - this procedure also works with the IFDG models. I haven't played with the POS aircraft, but the IFDG planes work very well this way.DJ

Guest flightsimmernick

Cheers guys, will give that a go when I have a few minutes!Thanks again

Keep in mind, though (from what I've been told -- I'm not a real world pilot) that there are aircraft that will move forward when at idle -- I think the CRJ and ERJs do this and I think I read somehwere that 757 is actually overweight with only full tanks and no pax or cargo. The balancing act between weight and fuel on board then becomse more critical for the pilot and his crew.

Guest flightsimmernick

Well I have set the merge up and have been using it for a couple of weeks however I seem to be having some problem with the throttle and throttle levels on my joystick. For some reason if i ask for any power apart from idel then the power respons but then when I take it back to idle the power only goes back to 40%EGT not the 20% that is idle which means I steadily get faster. The only way I have worked out how to control this is using the - and + key's on the number pad to quickly go into MREV and then back to idle, then the thrust goes to back to idle. I callibrate my joystick before every flight however it is registering that the default idel position is half the way up even when I have calibrated it. Any Ideas?

How do you calibrate your controls? Are you using the payware version of FSUIPC? That's how I do mine and 99% of the time have no problems whatsoever. If you do it in FS9, take a look at your FS9.cfg file and see what that says. If you recalibrate before every flight, you might, JUST MIGHT have multiple or conflicting settings there -- that's where I would start.And don't forget you have the F1 button, which resets throttles immediately to idle (or is it F2? I can't remember right now).