Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

AI Traffic suggestions please

Hello all,I finally have a little time on the weekends so I am trying to enhance my ai. I already have Ultimate Traffic, the UGA stuff, lots of WOAI and a lot of misc stuff. I don't have time for a lot of manual installations but I do have time for some of the all-in-one auto install packages. Last weekend I took care of the MAIW packages that I have been meaning to install for the past year. Don't get me wrong, I know how to install everything manually but I just don't have the time. Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions for some easy to install packages - maybe something exotic? I already have the AI Mexico stuff as well.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Hi Jeff, sounds like you have your bases covered - I don't what's left out there with an auto installer other than PAI. Otherwise, you'll have to compile things yourself.Regards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Ballistix Tracers PC6400 EVGA 8800GT - 174.74 beta Seagate 250GB 7200.11 CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 - X800XT Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

Do you have the stuff made by UK Military Ai Project? They don't have a installer, but they already have the traffic bgl compilled so all you have to do is drop it in the world/scenery folder and add the AI planes. (the planes and traffic file are in one download)Other than that it sounds like you already have everything that use installers.Here are the UKMIL file names:ukmilai_raf_sentry_aew1.zipukmil_elvis_e-3d_update.zipukmilai_fisheries_patrol_do228.zipukmilai_met_office_bae146-300.zipukmil_apa_c208.zipukmil_islanders.zipukmilai_defts_firefly.zipukmilai_htai_raf_hercules.zipukmil_jbai_vc10.zip

I've been running WOAI and PAI exclusively since I started this hobby, but have been eyeing Ultimate Traffic. How can multiple packages like that not be redundant and/or a waste of money?I don't understand and that's what's held me back from buying UT.

Don't bother with UT anymore. I have it, been a big user/fan/supporter of it for years, but they recently announced the end of the UT classic line. No more schedule updates either. They are working on an UT for FSX only program slated to be released by the end of this year I believe. (That being said, UT + Su 07 schedule update + all models replaced, is still a very good starting point. I will stick with that for the time being. Replacing some airlines with separate traffic bgl's based on AIG plans for example.)Right now the best option is WOAI, PAI, MAIW, UGA, + additions. Or perhaps My Traffic if you want a less realistic offering and less work, at a cost. Although I'm not sure if the FS9 version is still being supported, nor if it is 'up-to-date'.

Mike...

Thanks, Mike. I'm not all that critical of hyper realistic AI flight plans as long as the right planes are at the right airports (i.e. El Al shouldn't be parked at KDEN, for instance), so it sounds like a toss up.Let me be direct: 1) You mention "Less Work". If UT requires a lot of tweaking or selections each time I fly, I think that would be annoying for me - I have enough of that to do already.2) Regardless of what they decide to do with FSX, assuming I stay with FS9 for a couple of more years, are you saying UT isn't worth the $30.00 -- it won't really offer me any added enjoyment beyond what I'm already getting from WOAI, PAI, and the others?(Sorry to be a pain -- I think you and I have already spent more than $30.00 in time just with this thread. :-roll )

1) You can simply install UT, compile your traffic file and no additional action will ever be needed. Half an hour. But the result is accordingly. Nothing wrong with it, but UT does use only PAI (v1) models. And not every aircraft in the schedule is painted (you can optionally choose to display generic liveries on non-painted aircraft).2) Difficult question to answer, because it depends on what you want. If I understand you correctly, you're better off staying with what you have.UT is still worth it (the Su 07 schedules contain more airlines than WOAI and PAI combined for example, as I said, very good base) and offers very handy utilities to make managing your traffic easier, but you won't get the most out of it all if you're not willing to spend some serious time on your AI. (Replacing models, assigning more paints, importing addtional cargo/charter traffic, updating some schedules, updating the airports database, etc...)

Mike...

Thanks, Mike. I really appreciate your time. Tweaking AI is not a priority right now, so, based on your detailed description, I will probably buy it and install it to see how it works. If I don't like it I can uninstall and still own it to work with later. I'm much more involved with flight planning and procedures, but definitely forsee a time when I might want to get into it with AI.Assuming FS9 remains robust on my machine for a few more years.BTW, if there are any problems with uninstalling UT, would you just let me know? If that's the case, I would probably still buy it but wait for a better time to install.