Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pilot Nicco

iFDG A320 Purple Line Effect. HELP PLEASE!

Guest Pilot Nicco

I have an ifdg jetblue a320 and I have the common "purple line effect". Its very slight, but still how do I fix it? I dont want to upgrade to the flexing wings etc, I still want the normal, but how do I fix it? Im very disapointed. Please Repond!

All you have to do is edit the bmp file and change the purple to a less noticeable color.I use DXTBmp than export it to Paint Shop Pro, and do my edit.Cheers

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Guest Pilot Nicco

Is there any other way?

Guest 28right

Yes, there is another way.You need to download the A32X Service Pack from AVSIM under filename ifdg_a32x14.zip (this is the same download that has the flexing wing effects you don't want, but you don't have to add that).Contained within the file is a new set of wing textures for the A320 without the purple background.Simply replace the old textures with the revised textures and that annoying purple hue around the wings will go away!Here's a step-by-step that worked for me:1. Download file ifdg_a32x14.zip2. Extract to a folder of your choice, like a new folder on your desktop...name it something like A32Xfix.3. Open file, click on "Airbus Family 1.4".4. Click on A320 folder.5. Click on Textures folder.6. Click on "Standard Wings" folder. There, you will see the new wing textures without the purple background.7. Leave this window open, then open your Flight Simulator under Program Files/Microsoft Games and double-click on Aircraft.Scroll down 'till you find your IFDG A320 aircraft and open it up.8. Go back to your new textures file. Highlight and copy one or both of the new textures that are titled "PortWing" and "Starwing".9. Paste them into the textures folder and say "yes" to the "replace exisiting files?" prompt.Let me know if this helps.

Guest 28right

Did my reply help?