Sign in to follow this  
onurksn

AI Separation, how good?

Guest flapsabuse

BTW, if you (like most of us) have been vectored into la-la-land* by FS ATC, you don't have to worry about that anymore.*I personally have been given a "follow runway heading" initally, and then got no further instructions from ATC for over 50 miles.

There is a window of "flight departure delays" allowed in FS so the late gate departures are playing catch-up in the mad rush.What you can do to thin down the massive take-off queue that can develop is to use AI Separation or AI Smooth to space out arrivals, also being bunched up in a late arriving window, thereby giving an opportunity for AI to depart between arrivals.Another thing you can do is use FS9 Configurator by Ken Salter which has a way to modify the taxi speed of ground AI. Increase it just a bit so AI exit the runways faster and exited AI are not clogging the taxiways in the exit path but don't increase the taxi speed too much or it will look strange with a fast choppy motion and other strange effects of an unrealistic fast taxi speed.

Guest Limonitius

ehmmmmm, where to start =D?AIsmooth & AiseparationI use both, they both are good and in diferent ways controling AI aircrafts... So when one bugs me, i start onother one and circul goes round...AIsmooth have great option reduce speed on final, but when i check it, AI start flying at 50 Knots =DAiseparation, sometimes unexplainable freezes for 5-10 minutes... BTW, one guy sayed that have AIsmooth 1.12... Where You find it? I know 1.11a and then 1.20... I would like to try, becouse atm no of this 2 not fully work..Radar ContactIt so danm good, that without comments...About TAXI speed...I never was edit it, but maybe should I: once in missoury with addon airport and UT Ai traffic from parking to takeoff take 47 minutes =D - my longest takeoff, even with allmost half of them was disapeared becouse of delay... ech, tx speed would not help, it takeoff/landigs is so danm slow.. Anyone know tool for that?But isnt airplanes have diferent taxi speeds? Some time i just run FS for AI traffic watch if i'm busy and when checking for AI bugs, and some airports in parallel taxis taxiing 2 planes close to each other and in diferent speeds (about 5 knots diference)Or it depends in wich airport it is (AFCAD?)?Sorry for language, this time quite hard was to writeLimo

This is the AI Smooth developer's site:http://www.sg-flightware.de/The server was down at the time of writing this but it is up and down. This way you can check on the latest version.Taxi-speed is one of the controls in FS9 Configurator. You can get it from the author's site:http://kensalter.com/downloads/or from the file library here as:fs9cfg16.zipwhich is the last version.

Chuck, I agree with you that RC is a very good program. Still, I haven't been using it for a while.Reason? RC reads the callsign 'City' as 'City Ireland'. 'City' is used by KLM City Hoppers and as I use to fly out of Amsterdam there are usually quite a lot of movements by these planes. However RC uses the callsigh 'City Ireland', which is used by a French company operating between France and Ireland. I have informed JD of this and he told me it will be fixed in a new release, but I find it annoying it cannot be fixed with a software update in the meantime.So, yes, in general I agree with, but I would like to see more updates in the meantime to add and correct callsigns.Menno

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

Menno, I fly a lot of different airlines all over the world and when I can't find the proper call sign I don't sweat it so much. The default ATC has far, far more inaccuracies than that so I'm perfectly willing to cut RC 4 a tiny bit of slack with that one.Can't you record the proper call sign yourself and replace the .wav files inside the RC folder until JD get done with teh 150,000 other little details he has to do and we get a new, smoother RC5 -- that's maybe still compatible with FS9? (JD-If you're reading this, hint, hint.)

It's not complicated but messy. The options are:Go into each winwood folder and with a .wav editor crop and save the .wav as city.wav. This preserved the accent of each controller and pilot voice -- lot's of them :) This preserves the original .wav. If your not fussy, just create one city.wav and paste it into the other winwood folders.Then go into the script folder. Then go into the pilot scripts folder and open city-ireland.txt file and make the contents just "city". Do the same in the controller scripts folder.Option 3 is a little messier :)Create the city.wav as described above for each winwood folder.Have some wake-up refreshment after all of that. Create using notepad in the pilot and controller scripts folder a city.txt file with the word "city" in each.Open in a text editor only, not a spread sheet editor, the c4.csv file (back it up first!!!!) in the data folder. Replace in several spots city-ireland with city. These are associated with cityjet. Remember to save in .txt format. I think that will do it. Make sure you can retrieve the original back-up c4.csv file just in case.

DO AI Smooth/AI Separation prevent (or merely improve at least) other aircrafts to run over you or ram into your plane when taxiing on the ground with RC4? That's what mostly happens here, and I had to check "Ignore crashes and damage" in the Realism Settings due to this.Thanks.

No, Dirk98, neither prevent that but they do seem to make it better, probably more by accident than design. And as I as once told over at the RC forum, the pilot is responsible for all cross traffic, just like real life. ;-) Ever since I found that out and made sure I monitored the traffic situation both in the air and during taxi on the ground, I haven't had a single plane crash into me!BTW, I've had crash detection off almost from the beginning. Too many add on on sceneries to be bothered.

>No, Dirk98, neither prevent that but they do seem to make it>better, probably more by accident than design. And as I as>once told over at the RC forum, the pilot is responsible for>all cross traffic, just like real life. ;-) Ever since I>found that out and made sure I monitored the traffic situation>both in the air and during taxi on the ground, I haven't had a>single plane crash into me!>>BTW, I've had crash detection off almost from the beginning. >Too many add on on sceneries to be bothered.So which one of the two are you using with RC?Thanks for the answer, Trelane.Dirk.

Guest PARADISE

I just fly the "published" STAR anyway when cleared for vectors to ILS,or other approach, by FS9 ATC (don't try this in the real world).When ATC gives you headings to fly just acknowledge them so that you won't be kicked out of the system, ie-"IFR flight plan cancelled", etc,etc., but do not fly the headings given. Fly the STAR as it appears on your GPS. Then when you near the approach final fix you will be cleared for the appropriate approach (ILS, VOR,etc) as you enter within 30* of the runway center line. No more 50 mile vectors to final and, best of all, it's free.

I've been using AI Smooth for ages but based on some of the comments in this thread, I decided to give AI Separation another go. I'm also a user of Traffic View Board, which allows me to see just what's going on with AI and after doing a couple of flights, it appears AI Separation gets more arrival traffic down on the ground. And no unwanted behavior so far.

Mike...

>I just fly the "published" STAR anyway when cleared for>vectors to ILS,or other approach, by FS9 ATC (don't try this>in the real world).>When ATC gives you headings to fly just acknowledge them so>that you won't be kicked out of the system, ie-"IFR flight>plan cancelled", etc,etc., but do not fly the headings given.>Fly the STAR as it appears on your GPS. Then when you near the>approach final fix you will be cleared for the appropriate>approach (ILS, VOR,etc) as you enter within 30* of the runway>center line. No more 50 mile vectors to final and, best of>all, it's free.I do exactly the same thing and it works fine. However from time to time it would add to the realism to get a few vectors from ATC(listen to KJFK on liveatc, you'll understand what I mean) . I guess there is no option but to go online for that.:-roll

Hi allReading this tread which dates from 2008, and instead of opening another one, I would like to ask those who participated in this:why that since 2005 has not developed any other program that allows proper separation of AI traffic?There have been huge and beautiful scenery, an innumerable number of textures for AI traffic, major advances in climate programs such as REX or ASE, however, the AI traffic failed to DEVELOP the maximum due to this issue.I remember in various stages of FS one by one they have come under many constraints that began since the release of FS, however, this barrier has remained for a very long time, I think that there who get to develop a program that achieves the correct separation , holding patterns, and nullify the go arrounds, achieved a breakthrough and revival of AI traffic, and even financially speaking if the program were payware.Cheers to all