Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

CTRL-SPACEBAR Now Sends Q Command

And toggles Sound Off. One of my addons has hooked it somehow -- probably Flight Deck Commander -- and now it's buried itself in the myriad of key commands in the FS9.CFG and now I can't get it fixed. Can anyone point me to where it might be and how I might fix it.I don't even see a "Sound Off" command under the "Options==>Controls==>Assignements" section of the menu!

It's there -Sound on/off = assigned key QIt's easier to spot if you limit the display to Simulator commands rather than All commands.In your FS9.cfg file it shows up under the [KEYBOARD_MAIN] label as SOUND_TOGGLE=81,8Hope this helps.

Thanks, Opa. I had done that a couple of times but I must've looked right past it -- but there it was! I definitely suspect I took too many drugs in the 70s (maybe not enuogh).Anyway, my FS9.cg setting is correct I have deleted, rebooted, reinstalled my keyboard, completely deleted the keyboard command for sound off in the Assignments tab, double checked FSUIPC (it registers that I am indeed pressing the ctrl-space key combo) and still every time I press ctrl-space I now get sound off.I am now ready to throw this computer out the bloody window. There is so much that can go wrong with this hobby -- I feel like bloody NASA trying to run a bloody shuttle mission!! :-8 Any other ideas?

Guest Jeffhew

Hi Chuck,Been a while. I used to have a similar issue. One thing I'd suggest is to delete (back up first) your FS9.cfg file and let FS build a new one. I find that if I add alot of addons, sometimes conflicts arise. Rebuilding the FS9.cfg has solved about 80% of those kinds of issues for me. I use a registered copy of FSUIPC and all my programming is done through that. I delete all the Joystick button and axis assignments from FS' assignments menu. Sometimes you have to go back and do it a second or third time before it finally sticks. If that doesn't work, you might try un-installing the stand alone add-ons that use key commands, like FDC, and again rebuild the FS9.cfg. Just some ideas. Wish I could be more help.Regards, Jeff

Thanks, Jeff. I've deleted the FS9.CFG once and no joy. I'll try your other suggestions this weekend - first of which will be uninstall reinstall of FDC. That's the only addon I have that uses the ctrl-shift combo and I'm sure it's got everything confused. I've reassigned those commands to the ctrl-, (comma,<) key and it still happens even with the default flight loaded and no addons running.I'm going to fly with it for now -- it's only another annoyance and really doesn't affect my flights.If anybody else comes up with any other ideas I'd sure like to hear them.

Are you actually deleting the cfg file OR are you deleting the cfg.txt file? There are two files in that folder and they look exactly alike.After you delete the file and start FS are you directly taken to the Settings screen? If not, then you are removing the wrong file.Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

I'm deleting the FS9.cfg file from my user account's Application Settings folder through Windows Explorer, not through FS9 at all. When I restart FS9 I'm taken to the screen with the picture of the two people on it -- I'm not home right now and I can never remember their names -- and my resolution has been reset to 800 x 600, Yoke and Throttle assignments, etc. are all gone -- as though I had just reinstalled.I'm not familiar with the manner you're describing Jim. Could you elaborate for me where you're doing it from? I've even deleted it and replaced it with an FS9.cfg from a backup file that's about 10 days old, and no Joy!

Got it! It was Active Camera -- I had reinstalled it to see if I could use it again and never realized it too used the ctrl-spacebar to toggle next tower view. As soon as I unseated it the problem vanished.God, I was storming around my office sulking all day because of this! :-)Thanks to all who took the time to help me!