Sign in to follow this  
Farlis

A rogue exclude surpresses LIRF.

As the title suggest, I have a problem at Rome. Fiumicino, which I have installed in ISD's Version and Ciampino, which I use in Lago's Rome Version are gone. Or not so much gone but rather invisble except for the groundlayout. Something is surpressing the buildings. I do remember that it probably had to do with a bad exclude file from another scenery, but I didn't find any clues among the old topics. And my scenery list is quite long, so I don't know where to start looking.So if anyone knows which scenery is responsible for this glitch, I'd much appreciate some help.

I had a similar issue. My fix was to uninstall the scenery in question and then re-install. Somehow, that fixed the issue. Best I can do for you. I found no answer on why and just moved on.good luck

I already tried that. Even the buildings of the default airports are excluded in that area.

Since no one seems to have the answer, you might try disabling all of the other scenery addons which you have installed (just uncheck them in the scenery library).If the problem goes away, then add them back in. five or so at a time, until the problem reappears. That will narrow your search at least.It's a time consuming method, but might help track down the offending scenery assuming the root cause is not a standalone exclude in your addon scenery/scenery folder.

I was afraid it would come down to this. I hoped there was some kind of tool, that would tell me what scenery parts are being loaded in a certain area of the world, and thus helping to narrow it down.

Sorry to answer so belated. I had the same problem with LIRF. If you haven't found the culprit until now I remember it was one of the MRAI scenery excludes from a MRAI scenery in Italy or Spain.

Sorry to answer so belated. I had the same problem with LIRF. If you haven't found the culprit until now I remember it was one of the MRAI scenery excludes from a MRAI scenery in Italy or Spain.
With an update to this, has anyone else had this issue. Installing the LIRF scenery to FS9 on Windows 7 and it is the same issue. No default, no ISD buildings, no ground textures, nothing in the area at all but the AI. I'd hate to uncheck a hundred files the restart FS a hundred times to find the issue. Has anyone had this problem??EDIT: Same issue with LAGO's Rome. Although the city of Rome is just fine, the issue is only with the airport... And this is the only airport area in FS with this kind of issue...

With an update to this, has anyone else had this issue. Installing the LIRF scenery to FS9 on Windows 7 and it is the same issue. No default, no ISD buildings, no ground textures, nothing in the area at all but the AI. I'd hate to uncheck a hundred files the restart FS a hundred times to find the issue. Has anyone had this problem??EDIT: Same issue with LAGO's Rome. Although the city of Rome is just fine, the issue is only with the airport... And this is the only airport area in FS with this kind of issue...
Can't help on the specific issue, but if you test addons 1/2 at a time you can eliminate 87% of the files with just 3 restarts.regards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Guest Arniepie
I was afraid it would come down to this. I hoped there was some kind of tool, that would tell me what scenery parts are being loaded in a certain area of the world, and thus helping to narrow it down.
Hello Farlis,You don't happen to have the freeware LDDU (made by mr. Puljevic) installed without the patch ,have you?The thing is that it didn't only exclude Rome but the whole area east of Dubrovnic up in to Spain.Just check to be sure.

Hello Farlis,You don't happen to have the freeware LDDU (made by mr. Puljevic) installed without the patch ,have you?The thing is that it didn't only exclude Rome but the whole area east of Dubrovnic up in to Spain.Just check to be sure.
You may be on to something here. I narrowed it down to the Addon Scenery folder. WHen unchecked the LIRF scenery appears. I think my payware Croatia sceneries are in that folder....

Guest Arniepie

Not East, I meant West off course.