Sign in to follow this  
Guest XQ-NUE

Out of Memory with Vista

Guest XQ-NUE

Hello,now I got the most appearing problem in FS9. I got the Information Out Of Memory and with VISTA it is not possible anymore to edit the boot.ini file which would solve the problem.Any users who got the same problem on Vista and know how to solve it?many ThanksBest Regards

Guest avrovulcan

Hi, Found this link on another site, it's for OOM problems with FSX and VISTA, but I dont see why it shouldn't work for FS9.http://forums.flightsim.com/fswiki/index.php/OOM_ErrorIv'e not had this error with FS9 and VISTA so can't say if it works or not. But I do know it sorted the OOM problem I had with FSXHope this is of some helpKind regardsAndy

Guest XQ-NUE

Thank you but allthough I think my english knowledge is good I am not able to understand what the link is talking about. :-(Can you write what I have to do to fix the problem?Many thanks!

Guest avrovulcan

hi, Note that this paticular fix is for VISTA 32 only.Basicly what you need to do is go to Start, then select All Programs, then select Accessories. then from the Accessories menu select the Run Icon (Make sure you are running as Administrator)then in the Run window type in one of the followingBCDEDIT /set increaseuserva 2560orBCDEDIT /set increaseuserva 3072 This changes the "Virtual Address Space" (VAS). However the link warns you that if you allocate to much VAS this can starve the other system resorces. so if you had 4Gb of memory you would set 3072, and if you had less you would set 2560.It is possible to starve the operating system's slice of VAS to the point that your system will no longer boot! Apparently if this happens, what you have to do is reboot the computer into "Safe Mode" this bypasses the /3GB switch, and then use bcdecit to reduce the size of the application slice of the VAS.e.g. BCDEDIT /set increaseuserva 1024This is a guess as the link doesn't state what the default is (perhapps someone else knows????) Like I said i havent had a problem with this, and it cured my problem with FSX.Kind regardsAndy

Guest XQ-NUE

Many many thanks, i will try now and give you report a.s.a.p. :-)

hope it works out for you, I've been using vista with fs9 for quite a while now and never had a problem either when it came to fs9.Anyways good luck

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Guest XQ-NUE

Hi,thanks it worked fine! I also figured out the problem for the OOM meassage. One day before the message appeared I installes a huge landclass file for entire austria. Everytime I visited Vienna the system crashed with the oom message.Also it works now fine with the tipp given above I deleted it to be sure.