Sign in to follow this  
Guest XQ-NUE

FSUIPC Traffic Zapper does not work

Guest XQ-NUE

Hello,i purchased FSUIPC today and after open it for the first time Traffic Zapper worked fine but now it does not work anymore. I tried other keys but still does not work. I tried to find out whether all Key assignements do not work anymore but they do, only Traffic Zapper is not working anymore. Any ideas what causes the problem?Thanks for help!

What is your overall opinion of this program? Was it worth the purchase?

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Guest XQ-NUE

Well, not really. But many users do love it but I could life without it. You have the abilty to change a huge amount of things but in my opinion the things you are able to change are mostly not important at least in my opinion. To make it short: for me it is not worth to buy.

I've been tipping the fence on this one for some time, like you im not sure if it would be valuable to me.Im a little weary on this purchase

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Guest XQ-NUE

HiJust download the freeware version of FSUIPC because their is a read me file in it with all things you can do with the payware version. After reading it you can decide whether is good for you or not.

Guest Jeffhew

I have a similar issue on occasion, not with the traffic zapper per se' but you might try this. If this is a keypress you're using, go to FSUIPC keypress tab. Proceed as if you are setting it for the first time. Click set and then enter the keypress you assigned to the zapper function. If set properly, the command will show up in the window below. If it appears that it is set correctly, reset that keypress to the item just above or below the zapper option in the list. Click ok till you're back in the sim. Now, repeat the process, re-assigning the keypress to the zapper. I've had this issue with a couple of commands on some aircraft. I find that when several switches aren't working as I programed, resetting just one of them in this manner restores all the keypresses assigned. I don't know how to fix it (yet), but this workaround solves the problem for the flight. The downside is that you have to do this every time you fly. For the record, this is the only issue I have at this point with FSUIPC. I highly recommend the registered version. It provides far greater control and adjustments than FS does regarding your controllers. Virtually every function and setting in FS can be mapped through FSUIPC, including many which are not available through the FS interface. Not to mention much improved control over things such as controller sensitivities, axis assignments, and so forth. FSUIPC takes considerable effort to learn, but that is because it can do so much. No other FS add-on, IMHO, provides the resources and flexibility to tweak your FS experience like FSUIPC does. I hope this helps.Best Regards,Jeff

>What is your overall opinion of this program? Was it worth>the purchase?I've used FSUIPC for well over eight years, since the FS2002 days...IMHO it is the best value for the money I've ever spent on FS, period. It is a veritable "Swiss Army Knife" and anyone to doesn't see the value has probably not taken the time to study the many, many things it does fix and enhance.Shoot, just the "everlasting battery" and "wind transition smoothing" is worth the price! :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I hate to post questions over at Mr. Dowson's forum -- I'll do just about anything to avoid it -- just because he's so cranky and basically unsympathetic to the newer user still struggling with the daunting amount of new information we have to learn in the beginning to enjoy this hobby, but there is no way I could ever fly again without his payware FSUIPC.And I am completely amazed at his technical prowess in putting this module together over the years. To me, he's the Albert Einstein of Flight Simming, and the current version of FSUIPC is the equivalent of the General Theory of Relativity -- times 2: FS9 AND FSX. That's how much I respect what he's done.