Sign in to follow this  
rightseater

VOR & HSI Digital Readout

Greetings all,Is anyone aware of a VOR and/or HSI with a digital readout flag? Whether it be a standalone gauge or in an existing payware or freeware aircraft is just fine.-Jeremy

I'm not sure what you mean by 'digital readout flag' but the Reality XP flightline F and T series gauges allow a digital presentation of their settings...DJ

Some VORs, such as a standby in my 206, have a digital heading readout above the needle, which is refered to in my manual as a flag in this case, as well as the to/from flag. I can not seem to find one for FS9, but I completely forgot about the Reality XP stuff until you mentioned it....thanks for that. I have a hard time reading the VOR and HSI in FS9, probably need glasses, so I thought a digital readout would help keep me on course flying VOR.-Jeremy

The DreamFleet Beech Bonanza A36 uses the Reality/Sandel- Coyote SN3308 EHSI which has digital displays. Click on it for a blowup! This plane is first class- I can highly recommend it- and has the Reality Garmin 430 GPS PLUS the WX 500 Weather Radar. Alex Reid

Excellent suggestion Alex. I actually have this aircraft tucked away on a backup CD somewhere. The EHSI will solve all of my problems. -Jeremy

The RXP SN3308 is an excellent gauge - remember that the one furnished in the A36 will only run on that aircraft. For general use, you will have to pick up a copy from RXP...DJ

Jeremy- another fav of mine is the DreamFleet Baron 58, which also has the SN3308 EHSI- with moving map! One of my jolies is to set visibilty to 1/2 mile with some wind- and immediately after takeoff in the Baron, kill an engine.Then feather, fuel off, cleanup the plane and navigate a circuit back to an instrument landing. That will get you all sweaty!!!Alex Reid

the 1/2 mile visibility alone is enough to get me sweaty. I am going to try that later though. The EHSI can not be used in another aircraft? That's too bad, but no big deal because the Flight Line N and T packages are well worth the investment.-Jeremy

Jeremy- The Reality gauges that come with the DreamFleet Baron and Bonanza are exclusive to these planes and cannot be transferred to other planes. Not to worry- the two Bs are so enjoyable, I rarely fly anything else nowadays.Alex Reid

I always enjoy the Bonanza. Unfortunately, I am having problems with the EHSI. I took a flight tonight from St. Augustine to Pensacola, and just before the TAY VOR the EHSI locked up. Fortunately there was a VOR 2 to get me the rest of the way. I figure a re-install might do the trick.-Jeremy

I could use a little help if any of you are still checking this thread.Tonight I flew from St. Augustine to Tampa VOR in the Carenado 206. All went well until I crossed the LAL VOR and turned to 256 towards the MCF VOR (MacDill AFB). For no reason that I can fathom, both the VOR 2 and EHSI just quit. Both needles lock straight up as if I were on course, but the to/from indicator on the VOR 2 disappeared, and regardless of what heading I chose, the VOR 2 needle remained straight up. In short, for whatever reason (hopefully you will know) I completely lost any use of the VOR2, and the VOR in the HSI. Any ideas?Note: I did begin descent after the LAL VOR, but both indicators failed while I was still at least 4500 AGL.-Jeremy