Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

Sad News indeed

Guest belga1

Hi,Yes it's a sad news.Very good 2D panels. Thank's Matthias.Real life prime as usual.Cheers.

Guest ThrottleUp

:(Good luck Matthias and I hope one day you will return. Ignore the forum-chat about VCs...us 2D'ers are still out here!!...in large numbers Im sure!Your Avro RJ panel is excellent and thats why I hope one day you will come back so your panels can grace the screens of simmers all over the world. Thanks for all the hard work and good luck!

I bought my first version of Flight Simulator more than 20 years ago. Matthias' panels were among the very best I've ever seen, and I've gotten a great deal of enjoyment from them. He's a true gentleman who gave freely of his time and talent. Sidney Schwartz KPDX

Best of luck, Matthias, and thank you. I hope everything works out for you and yo find your way back. Remember, it may not be that VC users outnumber we 2D panel users at all -- maybe VC users just whine more. ;-)

>Remember, it may not be that VC users outnumber we 2D panel>users at all -- maybe VC users just whine more. ;-)That's the exact reason :). Time and time again I've seen the VC hardliners whining and moaning about non-VC planes"If it doesn't have a VC I won't be flying it"Fine, but they shouldn't assume that their viewpoint is definitive :-roll.Thank you Matthias for your efforts :).

I would also like to thank Matthias for all this time.I used to fly BAEs equipped in his panels a lot.They were and still are on the highest possible level freeware can give us.What I will do now is to redownload Matthias's panels, install them and fly the jumbolino again.As for the whinners, they have always been around and they will be.We all know some names who show up only to complain.I stopped paying attention to them at all.Without fuel (which our replies are) they will quickly burn out.Good luck in your life, Matthias!Best regards,Rafal

It's sad to see Matthias drop his project because he has unselfishly given so much to the community and is so well respected.However, the kneejerk reaction here is always that someone is "whining" about something or other and painting everything with that broad sophomoric brush really does wear thin. In this case the issue is that many simply won't fly without a VC (not Matthias' words)...saying that such a preference is whining is a totally uniformed and simplistic view.When I started reviewing for Avsim back in 1998, I did many reviews on panels and aircraft, etc. A decade later things have changed. Panels have progressed to hyperrealistic heights and the VC has become an integral part of many simmers experience. The same goes for scenery, where 10 years ago, an approximate rendition of an airport was enough...a decade later, unless you are on the level of a DreamTeam, Flightscenery, Cloud9 or FlyTampa no one will really take notice.When the Flight1 Fokker was released, a vast majority dismissed it because it did not have a VC even though the visual model and panel are stunningly realistic. The announcement of its release was met with VERY lukewarm reactions and lots of disappointment. A non-VC equipped aircraft at this time simply won't get universally critically acclaimed. And the fact is most aircraft being released without things such as a VC, FMC, realistic NAV, autopilot etc are simply not going to be noticed because the bar has been set so high by even by freeware authors such as the iFly 747, much less by PMDG, LDS, Dreamfleet, Flight1, etc.The simulation freeware and payware addon requirements have become extremely demanding and the landscape has changed. It's NOT whining, it's natural progression since the bars are being set so high, consumer expectations rise with them. No, the BAE project wouldn't have gotten the attention it would have gotten 10 or 5 years ago and it's tough going for freeware developers like Matthias since they have to personnally give so much just to get the accolades they deserve. No, the community didn't give Matthias grief or whined him into leaving, it simply gets to the point where its no worth it to devote one's time and not get the satisfaction one expects or deserves.Just my 2 cents.Mike T.

Interesting, because time and time I've seen the 2D hardliners "whining and moaning" about non-2D planes!And YOU shouldn't assume that your viewpoint is definitive either.Developers these days release BOTH 2D and 3D panels as the status quo to keep BOTH 2D and 3D hardliners quiet. Not to acknowledge the desires of BOTH is being awefully narrowminded.

Mike T.That's good...Very good!Other than that, it's just "burn out". Most people experience it from time to time.L.Adamson

>Interesting, because time and time I've seen the 2D>hardliners "whining and moaning" about non-2D planes!>>And YOU shouldn't assume that your viewpoint is definitive>either.>>Developers these days release BOTH 2D and 3D panels as the>status quo to keep BOTH 2D and 3D hardliners quiet. Not to>acknowledge the desires of BOTH is being awefully>narrowminded.>I won't lower myself to personal attacks, unlike some.

Oh boy. :-rollIt's not a personal attack to point out the obvious falacious points in your statement. You made a wide-sweeping statement that is extremely onesided and biased. I love VC's and won't fly an aircraft without one. Others love 2D's and won't fly a plane with only a 3D panel, neither is right, or wrong, since it is personal preference. EITHER of us will dismiss a plane because it does not meet our requiremnents for enjoying the given aircraft, but from YOUR post I'd be whining, while your point would be valid?You called people "whiners" because they don't fly aircraft without a 3D panel, but don't see that as a personal attack, but someone pointing that statement out as "narrowminded" IS a personal attack. :-lolNon-sequitor no matter how you try to justify it.

Guest essoblue

Here here Mike. . . . well said!