Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

How many entries on your scenery CFG file?

Thought this might be a fun topic. :) How many entries do you have on your scenery CFG file? I have 387 entries and will be adding 5 or 6 some time this weekend.

310...and hope to be adding lots more! :)

Guest ThrottleUp

430 entries in my .cfgI find the best way to build a collection is to create a flight, set up the plane at the airport so its ready to go, save the flight and quit the sim. Then jump online to see if you can find freeware versions of your departure & destination airports. Install them and off you go.You dont even have to do this for *every* flight. Even if you do it for every other one your collection builds pretty quick. But make sure you *only* look for the departure & destination you are going to fly at that moment.Otherwise you find yourself spotting all the other freeware sceneries and before you know it your day has gone...and you spent it all downloading :(Where would we be without our hero...Walhalla Mine :)------------>>>*For the newbies*:Walhalla mine is a ginormous listing of freeware scenery .FS2004:http://walhalla.mine.nu/fs2004.phpFSX:http://walhalla.mine.nu/fsx.php

>430 entries in my>.cfg>>I find the best way to build a collection is to create a>flight, set up the plane at the airport so its ready to go,>save the flight and quit the sim. >>Then jump online to see if you can find freeware versions of>your departure & destination airports. Install them and off>you go.>>You dont even have to do this for *every* flight. Even if you>do it for every other one your collection builds pretty quick.>But make sure you *only* look for the departure & destination>you are going to fly at that moment.>>Otherwise you find yourself spotting all the other freeware>sceneries and before you know it your day has gone...and you>spent it all downloading :(>>Where would we be without our hero...Walhalla Mine :)>>------------>>>>>*For the newbies*:Walhalla mine is a ginormous listing of>freeware scenery .>>FS2004:>http://walhalla.mine.nu/fs2004.php>>FSX:>http://walhalla.mine.nu/fsx.phpI do that to, plus I install scenery that helps my AI. For instance I recently installed Druk Air AI and the default Bhutan scenery did not have any parking spaces, so I installed a freeware Bhutan scenery.

Only 61 for me, but its growing, just recently I have had enough with MS default and started doing exactly as throtleup does. Look for scenery for my planned flight departure and destination.8 out of 10 times I find something either updated afcad, scenery etc. for my planned airports.There is just so much freeware scenery out there we should all be very thankful :) Imagine what our fs with no freeware scenery designers out there would be like. Come to think about it I guesss we made do with nothing but default back in the day. Imagine we knew then what we know now. :)

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

>Otherwise you find yourself spotting all the other freeware>sceneries and before you know it your day has gone...and you>spent it all downloading :(>>Where would we be without our hero...Walhalla Mine :)>I do this too, and have been caught by the "holy crap, it's midnight??" efect more times than I can count. I wish I could just limit myself to freeware, too! I just bought cloud9s KLAX and two of Overland/Simmer's sky Japan Airports -- only about a $45 USD outlay for 11 or 12 airports, but multiply it out by the number of times I do it. :-)BTW, that cloud9 KLAX? INCREDIBLE!

In 2006, I had 293 but I was suing a lot of old scenery from fs8 and fs7. I switched to FSX when it was released and then I reinstalled fs9 from scratch in late 2007. I am at 211 right now.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

"Save a life - Adopt a Greyhound"Great Tag Line, Jeff! (OT, I know -- I tried to IM you but your profile is disabled.)

I'm at 562 and counting. There is no end to adding new and great freeware places. I like to go by country. Lately I have been "beefing" up UK with everything I can find. And then do touch and goes flying from one apt to another, in real time weather.cheers mates.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3