Sign in to follow this  
Guest JohnMac

Adding to Airport List?

Guest JohnMac

I like flying seaplanes and only way I have found to start a flight from the sea. Is to select a airport then "fly now" to arrive on the tarmac next select menu world/maps when in the map for selected airport change co-ordinates (seaplane bases from Combat Flight 2)also must set altitude to zero after click OK I now have my seaplane sitting in the water at Boulogne. As you can see it would be nice if I could setup new bases and save them in the airport listing.My question is this possible.

You can create "airports" wherever you wish using the free AFCAD program by Lee Swordy - available here and at most download sites.In your case, you would be creating water based "airports" which would then show up in the airport listing.The AFCAD program comes with comprehensive instructions so you should have no problems.The following link will display a download which lists all the water based start locations in the U.S. which are in FS2004:http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...s2004&Go=SearchAlso, this tip may be helpful until such time as you set up your own water locations:Start at an airport which is as close as possible to the water where you want to be. Change to Map view and click on the aircraft and while holding the mouse key down, just "drag" it to the water. You may have to change the elevation to zero, but dragging it is far faster than manually entering coordinates.Hope this helps.

Guest JohnMac

Thanks David I knew someone would know how to do it, thanks again JohnMac