Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

No text on Radar Contact 4 screen

Lately when I'm starting a flight and I'm using Radar Contact 4 for my ATC, when the screen first comes up there is no text, (CLR, Ground etc) on the screen. It is completely blank. I can key a "1", "2","3" or a "0" then the text comes on the screen. It's no big deal to key one of the above numbers to get the text to appear, BUT something is WRONG for me to have to do this. Anyone with any Ideas ? This my just be coinsidental, but also when changing from the "cotpit view" to the "spot" view of my Level-D 767-300ER, for about 1/2 to 1 second there is NO texture on the aircraft......pure WHITE, then the texture pops in???? I keep my harddrive defragged and the frame rates have not changed and have no bugs/viruses that I can find. Does this sound like my computer has 'slowed" down abit to make this happen? Thanks, jerrycwo4

hello jerryYou will probably get a definative answer down the hall in the Radar Contact forum

Guest Jeffhew

>... This my just be >coinsidental, but also when changing from the "cotpit view" to>the "spot" view of my Level-D 767-300ER, for about 1/2 to 1>second there is NO texture on the aircraft......pure WHITE,>then the texture pops in???? I keep my harddrive defragged>and the frame rates have not changed and have no bugs/viruses>that I can find. Does this sound like my computer has 'slowed">down abit to make this happen? Thanks, jerrycwo4Hi Jerry,If you're using a 32 bit texture repaint, this can happen. It shouldn't be an issue. It just takes a bit more oooomph to stick 'em to the plane. If that's not it, we would need to know about your system specs and all that but, sounds normal to me.Best Regards,Jeff

Make sure you have this latest FSUIPC installed from:http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html. Move this new FSUIPC over the old one in your modules folder. Your RC registered use of it will be intact. In the General tab of FSUIPC (click on it in the FS menu bar Modules drop down) make sure multi-line is selected. I also assume advdisp.dll is no longer in your modules folder as FSUIPC now provides the RC window by itself.Make sure in RC Debug is off so your computer is not slowing down.It sounds like something is running keeping the RC window from refreshing on text writes until you hit a key. Also in the RC options make sure for now IFR Training is not checked. In the options I think but I'm not sure display test MAY need to be on. I do not regularly use V4 since I'm tied up with V5 (yes, still a long time away).

Ron, thanks for the tips. I have FS2004 on another computer so I'll check your info out later. Thanks for the help. jerrycwo4