Sign in to follow this  
John_Tavendale

B737-XXX

Guest N247BK

I'm trying to identify specific 737 aircraft within a model number.Does anyone know what the 737-832, 737-8KN, 737-8QR, etc., mean?I guess these are all 737-800's ...

Guest Kristiaan

These are all -800

Guest Brent Hebert

The last two digits are Boeing customer codes. The first is the series, ie. -800832 = Delta AirlinesI am not sure who KN or QR are.Brent Hebert

This isn't an absolute answer, but in addition to what's already been said, in my experience any product code in letters, ie "KN" or "QR", has almost always been a cargo variant of some sort. This isn't always the case, however:Hapag-Lloyd's 737-8K5 D-AHFG is a cargo carrier, but Virgin Blue's 737-8BK VH-VOA is not.On the numbers end, take Northwest as an example. Any Boeing in their fleet, with the exception of any a/c bought from another airline, is a XXX-X51, i.e. 747-451, 727-251. I think United's is XXX-X22, 747-422 etc.

Guest tcable

It is hazy now, but many times it's 747 (Model) -4 (variant) 51 (Customer number)- so Northwest is 747-451. Now that Boeing has more than 99 customers, it has changed.For example, 737-301's are Ex- Piedmont (737-401's are as well), While the 737-3B4 are US Air(ways) ordered aircraftMost of the Southwest Airlines jets are 737-(2,3,5,7)H4 So apparantly, the last 2 characters are the customer ID still.A search turns up this: All fo the Boeing Customer numbers :)http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/planes/q0048.shtmlTim

On a...somewhat...related note, does anybody know why KLM's new 738s and 739s carry the Transavia code of K2 versus KLM's own 06? This has been bugging me for a while...I'm guessing that KLM and Transavia are related somehow...but still, I would think that KLM would keep their own code.