Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightsimmernick

APU Sound time-out

Guest flightsimmernick

Hi all, Does anyone know if there is something in the sound.cfg that I can edit to change the length of time an aircraft's APU sound can be heard for? At the moment for a 340-300 sound set I have, I start and can hear the APU but then within 10 minutes it goes off. Is there an editable value or something that I can change to have this on continuously?Most of the other aircraft I have keep the APU on by default. Any help appreciated as not to familiar in this area.Thanks

Yeah I was going to say the same thing. Maybe what you are hearing is the Avionics cooling fans, some sound packs add this as system.wav and I think its tied to the battery. so if you dont have a reg version of fsuipc with the battery fix the sound cuts out after a while.Rob

Rob Prest

Guest flightsimmernick

Ahh cool, no problem then - will just leave itThanks for the heads up guys!

Guest flightsimmernick

What I have noticed though is that when this sound stops it also seems to stop the some controls. I.E when on the ground and I am running off APU or ground power, I set the aircraft up however if I for example set my nav lights on, as soon as the sound stops the lights automatically go out as well. I also for example cant contact ATC until the noise starts again or I have the engines running.Is there a way to make this noise continuous?Thanks Nick

Hi Nick, I have already answered your question.Rob

Rob Prest

Guest flightsimmernick

D'ohThanks Rob (not using my eyes again;-)) - Is there no way to fix this without changing to another sound set?

Sorry no, it's a fs bug. A reg version of fsuipc is worth the small fee as it fixes the bug plus gives you lots of extras.Rob

Rob Prest

Guest flightsimmernick

Thanks Rob Will have a look